PDA

View Full Version : C350 scan to pc

Custom Search

luig
01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi, I don't work on these machines much, but for the most part I could figure it out. This one has me puzzled. I set-up the scan to PC on the machine (short cut) works great. A few day later the short cut icon disappears, and I have to set up the icon again. Am I missing a step to make this icon stay on permanently? Or is this something that this machine does, since it has no hard drive.

Thanks

poz31
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM
check this post...... I did a set up for the Bizhub C350 scan to ftp following this post

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/18585-bizhub-di470-scanning-what-am-i-missing-2.html

luig
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Thank you for your response.
My problem is not in the setup at the server, that is working fine. The problem is at the copier itself, the copier is losing the icon on the copier screen that the customer uses to send the scans. In other words in the address book for the scanner.

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Hi, I don't work on these machines much, but for the most part I could figure it out. This one has me puzzled. I set-up the scan to PC on the machine (short cut) works great. A few day later the short cut icon disappears, and I have to set up the icon again. Am I missing a step to make this icon stay on permanently? Or is this something that this machine does, since it has no hard drive.

Thanks
I worked on these machines ad networked them many times and never had this problem. it could have something to do with your pc, some conflict,try cleaning up disk,check your HD space,just when making short cut you can apply and save. your windows is problem that makes the shortcut, what ver of windows are you running. you can creat short cut for something else to see if it disappears. updte your viruse program.
good luck

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 01:05 AM

Thanks

A rather unusual problem. NVRAM may be flakey if there is no hard drive present. If there is a hard drive, then it is the hard drive that is flakey. There is little reason programmed one touches would just vanish. Even more, the only way to edit them is through the web interface.

A couple things to try.

Do a data initialize on the copier. Be sure to backup information regarding settings and such before you do. The hard drive, if present, will also be disabled. When you have everything up and running, before you program any one touches, be sure to format (logical option) the hard disk.

Also, try updating the firmware. Even if it is current, reflash it anyway.

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 01:54 AM
A rather unusual problem. NVRAM may be flakey if there is no hard drive present. If there is a hard drive, then it is the hard drive that is flakey. There is little reason programmed one touches would just vanish. Even more, the only way to edit them is through the web interface.

A couple things to try.

Do a data initialize on the copier. Be sure to backup information regarding settings and such before you do. The hard drive, if present, will also be disabled. When you have everything up and running, before you program any one touches, be sure to format (logical option) the hard disk.

Also, try updating the firmware. Even if it is current, reflash it anyway.
this sound intresting but i think for this person not trained field tech it won't be easy to update the firmware or nvram . Updating firmware has to be done by certified tech of konica minolta. but good luck to him. hope that solved the issue replacing hd or formatting. I never seen NVRAm would cause that issue.

alexfixes
01-08-2010, 02:02 AM
anybody has ftp utlity for setting up scan to ftp site on di470.
i updated to SP2 still requires ftp utility to configure. I webed in to the machine and configure on server with shared folder created on server.
I added the ip for the server also with correct distination. if you know
documentation where to find it let me know. thanks

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
this sound intresting but i think for this person not trained field tech it won't be easy to update the firmware or nvram . Updating firmware has to be done by certified tech of konica minolta. but good luck to him. hope that solved the issue replacing hd or formatting. I never seen NVRAm would cause that issue.

It's logical deduction.

There are only two places one touch data resides. Usually it is on the hard disk of the machine. However, if there is no hard disk present, the one touch data will be saved in NVRAM. It's an either/or thing.

There are no other places for one touch data to be stored, ergo....

As for firmware, some people have access to this even if they are not KM service, there are many dealers out there who service KM hardware, as well as many other brands. And if they do not have access, then they will have to contact KM for further assistance. Others here are more than willing to provide code via email. I'm not one of those, but there are some who do not mind sharing this.

luig
01-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Thank you for everyone's help. I installed a hard drive, and with the IT guy's help, we setup scan to email, and all is well.:cool:

As to Alex, I an a trained field tech, and always make sure I do the job right. FYI!

alexfixes
01-22-2010, 04:46 AM

Thanks
If you are familiar with minolta machines they are diffeent controller than bizhub. they don't have same type of setup as bizhub machines. The one touch are completely different on thses machine. I have already setup the scan and procedures are done. The ftp on this copier is done on server 2003 and they have cisco
router on this type of network. The port 21 has been opend and scanning was working originally when i setup in old building. They have changed thier sever and the issue is the router and network admin is looking to resolve the issue. this type of copier which is minolta is runnign on slower speed of data transfer than the hub,running on gigabits and the problem with that is because of the speed it is not tranmitting.
we are actually working with the network administrator to palce switch bwtween copier and the network
thank you for the information.

alexfixes
01-22-2010, 04:48 AM
check this post...... I did a set up for the Bizhub C350 scan to ftp following this post

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/18585-bizhub-di470-scanning-what-am-i-missing-2.html

scan ftp di470

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by luig http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/29278-c350-scan-pc.html#post115958)

Thanks

If you are familiar with minolta machines they are diffeent controller than bizhub. they don't have same type of setup as bizhub machines. The one touch are completely different on thses machine. I have already setup the scan and procedures are done. The ftp on this copier is done on server 2003 and they have cisco
router on this type of network. The port 21 has been opend and scanning was working originally when i setup in old building. They have changed thier sever and the issue is the router and network admin is looking to resolve the issue. this type of copier which is minolta is runnign on slower speed of data transfer than the hub,running on gigabits and the problem with that is because of the speed it is not tranmitting.
we are actually working with the network administrator to palce switch bwtween copier and the network

alexfixes
01-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Thank you for everyone's help. I installed a hard drive, and with the IT guy's help, we setup scan to email, and all is well.:cool:

As to Alex, I an a trained field tech, and always make sure I do the job right. FYI!

Great news... good for you....

alexfixes
01-22-2010, 06:42 PM
scan ftp di470

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by luig http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/29278-c350-scan-pc.html#post115958)

Thanks

As I explained to you every networks are different and when you sending these site you need to undrestand the netwroks completely and know these procedures do not work every place. we have high end servers and cisco routers. I do not follow these procedures from other technciian unless is correct.
Please undrestand thses network befor responding to it. The IT poeple sometimes don't undrestand how to network copier either, just keep in mind that you are doing great job as field technician and keep it up. good luck with you.

Custom Search