PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub c6500 error c2454

Custom Search

Machinercylr
01-07-2010, 10:18 PM
:confused:What I am looking for is a solution to this problem, Machine made alot of copies after a fresh supply of toner was installed last weekend...following Monday morning, the error code c2454 popped up, I suspect developer change, but also looking at other posts that the yellow besides the Black as well, then reset the beast?
Thanks for all your help, and "Jersey Girl" one hand of applause for the tip on the Transfer Roller assy on that HP 4000. one side was higher that the other and I don't know how it was done by the customer,but they managed to break the assembly...Thanks again to a Great Forum...Steve

JustManuals
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 12:49 AM
:confused:What I am looking for is a solution to this problem, Machine made alot of copies after a fresh supply of toner was installed last weekend...following Monday morning, the error code c2454 popped up, I suspect developer change, but also looking at other posts that the yellow besides the Black as well, then reset the beast?
Thanks for all your help, and "Jersey Girl" one hand of applause for the tip on the Transfer Roller assy on that HP 4000. one side was higher that the other and I don't know how it was done by the customer,but they managed to break the assembly...Thanks again to a Great Forum...Steve

C-2454
When the developing motor/K (M23) is ON, the maximum detection value of TCR sensor/K (TCRS/K) is the specified value and the difference between the maximum detection value and the minimum detection value is over the specified value.

Printer control board (PRCB)
Developing motor/K (M23)
TCR sensor/K (TCRS/K)

It's not clear whether you are speaking about a fresh bottle of toner was installed, or whether you emptied the developer unit and recharged it.

Did you recharge the dev unit. If you had, did you follow procedure by doing a toner density initial adjust before anything else after the starter was put in place? If not, the machine will not know where the baseline is and this can cause some strange problems.

Also, check the connector at the front of the developer unit and ensure it is properly pushed in. In rare cases, the wires leading into the connector itself can break inside the insulation, giving the appearance they are connected, but really an intermittant is present.

In some cases, simply pulling out the process unit and pushing it back in firmly (don't slam it, but be agressive to ensure it is fully in) to be sure the connection at the back of the process unit to the main body is fully in.

And as the technical info regarding the error points out, the TCR sensor may have failed, or the PRCB may need replacing. I doubt it is the motor, these are very rare to fail.

dljorg
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
You don't say how many copies are on the Dev Unit but it can be bad. You get the TCR code if an auger in the tank is broken or a magnet has moved in the development roller. These generally occur on rather new (less than 100K) or very old (500K+) units. Either condition will alter the flow of developer in the unit and cause the code.

TCR codes also can happen if the customer is using the machine for just one color for an extended period. Check the coverage counters to confirm this. Toner in the unused tanks gets stale (know this sound weird but its for real) and causes the TCR code. This can be fixed with a developer change of course.

Another way to go is to have your customer do the toner refresh from the Machine screen and Expert button on some kind of a regular basis. There is a service setting to have this happen by itself too. Problem with doing the toner refresh very often is that it is way expensive as all the toner in the dev units is flushed to the waste box.

typesetting
09-21-2013, 12:44 AM
Has anyone ever figured out what causes the error. C2454
I have a Bizhub C6500

I never had this problem before my service provider did a 200k PM.
Now this error pops up right away after they replace the black developer unit.
I have had it replaced 3 times.

My service provider is saying it is the humidity of our shop, but it has not been that humid recently.
Today was 80-83 degrees and 62% humid.

I never had this problem and have had this machine at same location since 2011 thru now.
Just recently over this Summer once the PM was done I started getting the error.

Service Provider took machine out and rebuilt and brought back and still getting error after 5-7 days.
Happens quicker if I power off and power on next day.

Can other components like finisher or extra paper tray cause a surge or is this error only cause by the environment?

At wits end, the machine only has a total of 1.85 million click, not even ready for a rebuild.

Please help, in Cleveland OH (216) 440-0403

Custom Search