PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C-252, Finisher exit jams...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
01-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Went out to the machine today and cleaned the only one way bearing I could find, without ripping the whole frame down. The shaft didn't look that scarred, but I cleaned it anyway.

Then I watched the papers exit and found the symptom. The exit rollers (orange foam) are not kicking the paper out far enough and the jogging mechanism is then able to pull the papers back INTO the finisher to mis-order them and cause the jam. Most of the time, it's only 1/2 inch short of exiting the paper fully into the tray. Once, I saw it shoot the paper out TOO FAR, which of course, mis-orders the stack as well.

Other than the obvious one way bearings and cleaning the exit rollers, anyone got any other ideas?

OC

kmcopier
01-08-2010, 11:31 PM
What is your firmware version of the fs514 there is a special one for this

Stirton.M
01-08-2010, 11:34 PM
There is a firmware update fix for the finisher.

To find it, when you go to SSD, instead of looking for firmware for the C252, instead, look up the FS514. It is listed under special firmware.

There are two firmware packages, one is for the 252 and the other is for the C300/C352. Depending on which machine, you apply the appropriate patch to the finisher firmware of that machine.

To verify if you have this patch, look in the machine firmware list and look for the finisher version. Old version would list G00-07, the patch is G01-07.

This patch corrects the exit issue and extends the time period that the exit rollers operate.

Another fix that also helps but isn't directly related to this problem is to wrap the lower two rollers with black electrical tape. Wrap about 5 turns each in such a way that the trailing edge of the tape will point away from you when it is on the top portion of the roller. This is so the tape will not have a tendency to peel off when it rubs against paper or the upper roller. The effect is that this will speed up the exit of paper...larger diameter...basic mechanical physics

alexfixes
01-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Went out to the machine today and cleaned the only one way bearing I could find, without ripping the whole frame down. The shaft didn't look that scarred, but I cleaned it anyway.

Then I watched the papers exit and found the symptom. The exit rollers (orange foam) are not kicking the paper out far enough and the jogging mechanism is then able to pull the papers back INTO the finisher to mis-order them and cause the jam. Most of the time, it's only 1/2 inch short of exiting the paper fully into the tray. Once, I saw it shoot the paper out TOO FAR, which of course, mis-orders the stack as well.

Other than the obvious one way bearings and cleaning the exit rollers, anyone got any other ideas?

OC

i have to come out to fix this one.

Oystercopy
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Awesome Alex... as long as nothing of value actually changes hands... Like, from MINE to YOURS...:D

Oystercopy
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't know the firmware level of the Finisher, but the machine firmware is the latest...
OC

Stirton.M
01-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't know the firmware level of the Finisher, but the machine firmware is the latest...
OC

Machine firmware level is irrelevant, this fix is specific to the finisher.

You can find the firmware level of the finisher in tech rep mode. Touch firmware level button and scroll through the screens, you will see the entry for the finisher. As I mentioned, if the firmware level of the finisher is at G00-07, it requires the patch file.

pepper38_cnd
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Check the little grey paddles that kick the sheet back in for stacking for staple. The white hub that they mount to has a little tit that keeps it from spinning on the shaft. This tit tends to break off and then the whole assembly spins causing all kinds of erratic exit problems.

Oystercopy
01-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I couldn't find anything in the FS-514 Manual about HOW TO DOWNLOAD the firmware to the Finisher... is it done in the same way with the flash firmware FOR THE MACHINE, or what?

OC

malthus
01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I couldn't find anything in the FS-514 Manual about HOW TO DOWNLOAD the firmware to the Finisher... is it done in the same way with the flash firmware FOR THE MACHINE, or what?

OC
the firmware for finisher idownloade same way as the m\c download to flash card switch off m\c insert card and switch m\c on follow on screen instructions .sounds finisher firmware fault had it before upgrade fixed it as to the paddles have seen the plastic backing split worth strengthing with an old plastic mylar

alexfixes
01-12-2010, 01:44 AM
the firmware for finisher idownloade same way as the mc download to flash card switch off mc insert card and switch mc on follow on screen instructions .sounds finisher firmware fault had it before upgrade fixed it as to the paddles have seen the plastic backing split worth strengthing with an old plastic mylar

let me know what you exactly need and I email the imaging tool and all utility to download the code and how to burn the falsh card. I think you can only use special card 64 or 128 mem flash. if you already have the card and already downloded the file the I will send you the procedure how to do firmware for finisher.

alexfixes
01-12-2010, 01:46 AM
the firmware for finisher idownloade same way as the mc download to flash card switch off mc insert card and switch mc on follow on screen instructions .sounds finisher firmware fault had it before upgrade fixed it as to the paddles have seen the plastic backing split worth strengthing with an old plastic mylar

let me know what you exactly need and I email the imaging tool and all utility to download the code and how to burn the falsh card. I think you can only use special card 64 or 128 mem flash. if you already have the card and already downloded the file the I will send you the procedure how to do firmware for finisher.

Oystercopy
01-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Yes, I've got the Firmware Imaging Tool Kit, this is how I update firmware. I'm just used to Toshiba where there is something special that I have to do DIFFERENTLY when I update firmware on an accessory vs. the main body. Very cool that I can do it the same way. I use a 128mb card. Thanks.

Albonline
01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
try replaceing gear 19t pn 4349 1611 01

Oystercopy
01-16-2010, 11:35 PM
The Firmware Update for the FS-514 FIXED the exit jam issue... The Exit Rollers now appear to be staying on longer.

Stirton.M
01-17-2010, 01:33 AM
:DGood show....

another happy customer....:cool:

alexfixes
01-18-2010, 03:44 AM
:DGood show....

another happy customer....:cool:

yes... it's finally working with firmware update......

Custom Search