PDA

View Full Version : Sharp MX-2300N prints some jobs VERY slowly

Custom Search

jasonofx
03-15-2007, 03:26 AM
A client has a Sharp MX-2300N. The copier is hard wired to the router. All the computers connect to the network wirelessly. I have installed the PCL6 print drivers, and have the port set to RAW. When you print a test page, adobe pdf, word document, or excel document, the file either starts immediately printing, or prints within 1 minute. However, this client uses some software apps that allow you to fill out fields (name, address, date, etc.), and then tell it to print, and these seem to spool on the machine (the data light on the copier panel flashes) and take 5 minutes for the first page to print, then it continues to print by printing only about 1 page per minute. I have tried to change the driver setting from "start printing immediately" to the other options, but it is to no avail. If he sends the print job to a small HP deskjet connected via USB, it starts printing immediately, with no lapse or pause whatsoever. My service manager suggested i try the PPD driver, but i am also hoping that some of you have run into issues with some random business apps taking FOREVER to print to these Sharp copiers. Thanks in advance.

choicecopyguy
03-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Try flashing the roms, if that doesn't get it, you may need the PS drivers.

jasonofx
03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Try flashing the roms, if that doesn't get it, you may need the PS drivers.

Thanks for this, i will try this the first chance i get and post the results afterwards.

DallasTech
03-27-2007, 04:36 PM
How big are the files being printed?

USB is going to be a lot faster because there is no wireless network involved. I would be looking at the size of the file compared to the bandwidth available. Some of those third party applications (especially print shop programs) can make ridiculous file sizes, because of the application specific formatting. Make sure the document is saved in a normal format like a pdf or doc format. Verify the file is normal in size and try printing.

jasonofx
03-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Installed the PS driver, set the port setting to RAW, and it printed the entire 9 page print job in about 5 minutes. THis is much faster than before (20-30 minutes), so we are leaving it at this. The file is anywhere from 10-30 mb in size, which is rather large.

Custom Search