PDA

View Full Version : c550 resets affter every copy

Custom Search

tommyb
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I have a couple of customers that have a Bizhub c550s,and after every copy the machine resets..it doesn't hold the settings that were just run (duplex,staple,folding,etc).

I've seen some machine's do this and others don't,been through every setting on the machine I can think off,firmware is up to date..and I don't really want to spend an hour on hold with tech support :D
Thanks for any info
Tom

minimerlin
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I have a couple of customers that have a Bizhub c550s,and after every copy the machine resets..it doesn't hold the settings that were just run (duplex,staple,folding,etc).

I've seen some machine's do this and others don't,been through every setting on the machine I can think off,firmware is up to date..and I don't really want to spend an hour on hold with tech support :D
Thanks for any info
TomIs the reset time set very low? I assume you can make multiple copies and then the machine resets the panel to default which is normal, or do you mean after each and every single copy of a multi run it resets to default? I would look at extending the reset time.

emujo
01-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Admin--System settings--power settings..Auto shut off, sleep mode, and auto reset times are here. Emujo

tommyb
01-10-2010, 12:50 AM
The machine resets just like you hit the panel reset..I've checked the auto reset,It's set to 1 minute and I've kicked it up..still not change.

If I remember right, even the proof copy resets as soon as the copy hit the exit tray in the finisher..the weird thing about this is some machines do it and some don't!!

emujo
01-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Somehow, this thread got jumbled. In Re C550, It will shut down some time after 1 or 2 long runs, and after the shutdown, if I re-apply power the it will start, begin to initialize, then shut off. Main power switch is ON, Main power LED is lit, Main power switch must be cycled or AC power removed from wall to restart. It may take 5 or 6 attempts to get it to fully re-start, then it will run for an indefinate time. I replaced power supply today so now we are in a wait and see mode. Emujo

Custom Search