PDA

View Full Version : C250 c-2551 then c-2559

Custom Search

Stubbs
01-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi guys. I'm scratching my head on this one, hope you can help me out.

The customer called in saying there were blue streaks on the page. By the time I got there the machine read C-2551. The sample copies showed a dark cyan background on the bottom half of the page, fading towards the top. I replaced the imaging unit, then had C-2559 pop up during warm up. My next move was to replace the transfer belt and get a different IU in the machine, and had the C-2559 code pop again. Then I checked the TCR level in service mode, and all four TCR's read 0%.

I don't believe this is a toner add issue; normally an IU will work for a few days then fail again if it isn't getting toner. I reloaded firmware, no luck there. I'm considering swapping out the MFP and NVRAM, otherwise I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

kmcopier
01-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Was the page with cyan background also towards the edge of the paper?
Do you have a sample?
How is the quality from the YMK prints? did you a toner supply and if so what was the level? This MFP has some point's> drum motor color and black,connector front imaging units , clutch transferbelt 29-22, clutches in toner supply assy.

Stubbs
01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Was the page with cyan background also towards the edge of the paper?
Do you have a sample?

The cyan background was lead-to-trail, starting at the front edge of the paper. The background spread out towards the center of the paper over the space of about 4-5 prints. The samples are still at the customer's office. :(

How is the quality from the YMK prints? did you a toner supply and if so what was the level?

I have not been able to make any other prints because the copier codes out. The YMK portions of the samples looked good. I did not do a toner supply; the only level readings I have are all four TCR sensors at 0%.

This MFP has some point's> drum motor color and black,connector front imaging units , clutch transferbelt 29-22, clutches in toner supply assy.

I'm not quite following you here. The front connection to the cyan IU looks to be in good shape, and the unit seems to be seated all the way in.

KEVIN900
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Stubbs, pull out the cyan toner unit, and check out how freely the rear gear turns. Oftentimes, the toner settles, and packs tightly in the toner cartridge. Give it a gentle beating and get the gear to spin freely. Then reinstall and run TCR level adjustment. Good Luck.:rolleyes:

Stubbs
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I have definitely ruled out a toner supply problem causing the issue. There is a new cyan toner bottle in the machine; I notched the gear to see if it turns, and didn't see any movement. Unfortunately, I can't just tell the machine to turn on the motor - TCR toner supply will not run on
a machine that codes out. Acting on KMBS tech support advice, I've swapped out M6 and M7 (the toner add motors), PWB-M, and PWB-MFP, and get the same result. Since I was in there anyway, I also swapped the NVRAM and high voltage power supply.

It's good to have other machines as a source of parts :)

This thread:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/20845-bizhub-c352-magenta-wash-over-colour-copies-prints.html
discusses the same issue, only with Magenta instead of Cyan. For the record, I did try swapping the cyan and magenta write units and got the same code. "Dudley" mentioned having this problem in low humidity settings in the winter. Last week it was very cold here in MN; and the internal humidity sensor on the machine reads 16%. I went digging in the recycle bin and found some previous prints that show signs of the magenta and yellow briefly dropping out (1 cm void bands front to back, single color) a few pages before everything started turning blue. So at this point I'm guessing there was some HV arcing that took something out. I also tried changing out the other IU's, just to see if they were starting the arcing. No luck there..

I guess tomorrow I'll update Kinolta and see what they have to say :(

Golfnut27
09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Stubbs: Did you ever find out what solved the C-2551 problem? Our problem seems like it feeds too much toner into the IU whihc then is locked up and cannot turn. Any ideas would be helpful, we have been fighting this problem for 2-3 weeks and the client wants their machine up and running.

jma676
09-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Just review the units are correct, if you must replace them with new, or if you have some reset units, these units are the same ones that usually cause these types of problems. If you use reset units, is proved necessary to know how is the performance of image stabilization control.

C2551 Abnormally low toner density detected Cyan TCR Sensor.
• TC ratio in the developing machine, which is
determined by Toner replenishing amount control
mechanism, is 5 % or less for a given number of
times consecutively.

C2559 Cyan TCR Sensor adjustment failure.
• TCR Sensor automatic adjustment does not function
properly, failing to adjust to an appropriate
value.

Custom Search