PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c351 w/ Fiery controller not pingable, network failing

Custom Search

mbakken
01-11-2010, 12:07 AM
My fiance and I are getting married in 9 days. We have a Bizhub c351 (she's a brand / graphic designer) that we need to use to print menus, welcome letters, etc.

The printer has worked for years, but it is in a new location and all our computers are new / upgraded to Snow Leopard and we can not get them to work again.

I believe the machine has a Fiery controller on it. I can print the configuration and get the Mac address, but no IP address. The IP address says "failed" as does the subnet and gateway.

I can't seem to get into the Fiery controller settings, the password does work.

I can boot into Windows Vista as well if that makes life easier.

I can get the IP / subnet / default gateway from the printer as well, but don't know how / where to configure it in the computer driver settings... :(

We've spent days on this already, but for someone who knows how to configure these printers, this should be a 15 minute job.

If anyone can help, we really need it, and are happy to pay for it.

Thanks,

Michelle and Julian

Stirton.M
01-11-2010, 03:06 AM
My fiance and I are getting married in 9 days. We have a Bizhub c351 (she's a brand / graphic designer) that we need to use to print menus, welcome letters, etc.

The printer has worked for years, but it is in a new location and all our computers are new / upgraded to Snow Leopard and we can not get them to work again.

I believe the machine has a Fiery controller on it. I can print the configuration and get the Mac address, but no IP address. The IP address says "failed" as does the subnet and gateway.

I can't seem to get into the Fiery controller settings, the password does work.

I can boot into Windows Vista as well if that makes life easier.

I can get the IP / subnet / default gateway from the printer as well, but don't know how / where to configure it in the computer driver settings... :(

We've spent days on this already, but for someone who knows how to configure these printers, this should be a 15 minute job.

If anyone can help, we really need it, and are happy to pay for it.

Thanks,

Michelle and Julian

You should try to keep your posts together in one thread rather than opening multiple threads. If anything, this helps keep from covering the same information multiple times.

As for the fiery, the password to access this is "Fiery.1", no quotes, case sensitive. That is the default password. If the password is anything else, you may be out of luck and will need a KM tech to reinstall system on the Fiery. In some cases, there is no password.

Also, keep in mind that the printer driver for the C351 is different from the driver for the Fiery. Also, many of our drivers are firmware or system version specific.

To access the fiery, press the utilities key, then controller button. From there you can access the controller interface on the copier to change settings. Hopefully the password will allow you to enter. Then change the IP as needed to match your network router's settings.

After a full reboot to set the new IP address, you can web into the machine. Keep in mind that Safari and Firefox do have issues accessing the fiery controller and KM web interface. Not always, but I have encountered some macs just do not play well with our equipment.

As for the driver, download the driver applicable to the system version of the fiery. This can be seen on the configuration sheet of the fiery itself.

The following link has Mac drivers for system version 2 fiery. If yours is an earlier version, let us know.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=3594&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

TheOwl
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I agree with Stirton.M

The only thing you can do to try and get the password back out is to send a special file to the Fiery. If you hunt further around this forum, then you will find that info.

The thing you should check is that you have the network cables in the correct order as your Fiery is currently setup for DHCP and it isn't getting the IP information that it needs. There is a cable to go into the Fiery and another that goes from the Fiery to the copier. I would assume that you have your Mac's set to DHCP as well and that they are talking to one another with out an issue.

Custom Search