PDA

View Full Version : B250_350

Custom Search

Eugene74
01-12-2010, 07:14 AM
I've got a B250 in the field with about 750k copies on. It suddenly doesn't want to detect the Duplex unit. Tried all the boards, upgraded F/W to latest version, replace Power Supply Unit and even another Duplex unit. Still no luck. If you open Dupllex door it doesn't show cover open, nor does it detect a jam if you create a jam in the Duplex. Any suggestions, or did anybody ever encounter such a problem. Many thanks. Eugene
eugenedp@kmsa.com

SmellsHot
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Well since you pretty much replaced everything....i would check your wiring for the duplex. Make sure you don't have any bent pins and make sure your wiring is severed anywhere!
Good luck

srvctec
01-15-2010, 10:23 PM
We had one doing the same thing. Check the switchback unit wiring harness. We had to re-crimp one of the wires that wasn't making good enough connection and causing the exact same symptoms. The reason is that the duplex wiring completes it's path to the board via the switchback unit. So check/replace the switchback unit wiring harness.

Millennium
01-18-2010, 05:29 PM
We had one doing the same thing. Check the switchback unit wiring harness. We had to re-crimp one of the wires that wasn't making good enough connection and causing the exact same symptoms. The reason is that the duplex wiring completes it's path to the board via the switchback unit. So check/replace the switchback unit wiring harness.

I had the same issue srvtec had. If the switchback isn't detected on the machine, it won't give you the duplex either. Good call, srvtec!

Custom Search