PDA

View Full Version : C451 false low black toner msg

Custom Search

mascan42
01-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a C451 that is saying the black toner is low, even though the bottle in nearly full. I changed the bottle, and it seemed to work, but the same problem came back a couple of weeks later. The toner hopper port is full, and the copies are coming out OK, so it looks like the toner is being dispensed. The only problem is the low toner message, and the toner gauge on the control panel is showing low as well. Are these controlled by the toner level sensor in the hopper, or is there another sensor that I'm missing?

Stirton.M
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Solution ID TAUS0801188EN* Solution Usage 7
Description
After installing a Black (K) toner cartridge the machine still indicates that Black (K) toner is low.
Solution
CAUSE: The toner bottle drive unit for Cyan and Black (K) has failed.
SOLUTION: Before changing the toner bottle drive unit be sure that CN-29 (see attached for connector location)on the PWB-MC (PRCB -p/n A00J H001 06) is connected properly. Disconnect this connector and reseat it. If the issue of low toner still remains when theMFP isrestarted, replace the toner bottle drive unit for Cyan and Black (p/n A00J R713 00).

Solution ID TAUS0801925EN* Solution Usage
Description
Low toner indication message.
Solution
CAUSE: When putting a new toner cartridge into the machine, a low toner message will indicate on the LCD.
SOLUTION: Shake the cartridge before putting it into the machine as it may have compacted toner from shipping or sitting on the shelf.

B0265
01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Solution ID TAUS0801403EN* Solution Usage 0

Description

A few minutes after installing new toner the machine indicates that it is empty again and that the toner cartridge needs to be replaced.

Solution
CAUSE: The TLD sensor in the hopper has failed.

methogod
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I have a machine with a odd isssue, it keep poping an warning, Set Toner Cartridge (K). The toner is full, and seems to be working, not sure how this will play out. I can open and close to lower door to the Imaging units, and it will go away for a few mintues, seems to come back after it wakes up from sleep.

My senior thinks its a CYAN and BLACK drive, but havent seen any issues.

mascan42
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a machine with a odd isssue, it keep poping an warning, Set Toner Cartridge (K). The toner is full, and seems to be working, not sure how this will play out. I can open and close to lower door to the Imaging units, and it will go away for a few mintues, seems to come back after it wakes up from sleep.

My senior thinks its a CYAN and BLACK drive, but havent seen any issues.

Check to see if the port in the toner hopper is full or not. If it is, the toner is being dispensed properly. With my machine, it was a bad toner level sensor.

methogod
01-31-2010, 03:38 AM
All add that we are now using a 611k instead of the 411k, i have done with before without issue...

Stirton.M
01-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Perhaps that is your problem. You are using a cartridge meant for another machine. :cool::p

Seriously tho...look at the attached TSB.

Search the keyword "toner cartridge" to find an assortment of solutions that may be applicable to your problem.

Custom Search