PDA

View Full Version : C235 with DF-611

Custom Search

Haroldbfix
01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
When trying to make a copy using the doc feeder the machine displays "Scanning Original" and sits there forever. The doc feeder never takes in the original.

However you can scan originals through the Doc Feeder all day using the adf paper passage simulation in tech rep mode. In tech rep mode you can run 1to1, 2to2 it will run with no problems. The previous tech has replaced the DFCB, SRB (Scanner Relay Board), MFP Board. Today I tried firmware and everything else I could think of. Im wondering if this is a nvram issue.

Please advise

tech51
01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
I had one do this and after I re-set the original guide width (by the book) it started working fine. It would also be worth getting a set up chart and setting up all the sensors as per the installation guide, I do this to any problem DF611 I go to and it seems to help. I reckon its some sort of nvram glitch.
Cheers:)

copytechman
01-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I had a df611 do something like that once, one of the pins on the connector to the machine wasnt making proper contact, looked like a comm error or something but just caused the machine to lockup.

Regards!
A.

Stirton.M
01-13-2010, 12:49 AM
When trying to make a copy using the doc feeder the machine displays "Scanning Original" and sits there forever. The doc feeder never takes in the original.

However you can scan originals through the Doc Feeder all day using the adf paper passage simulation in tech rep mode. In tech rep mode you can run 1to1, 2to2 it will run with no problems. The previous tech has replaced the DFCB, SRB (Scanner Relay Board), MFP Board. Today I tried firmware and everything else I could think of. Im wondering if this is a nvram issue.

Please advise

If I recall, running the feeder in tech rep doesn't require certain checks, such as memory.

Check your memory sticks...a quick way to see if memory is at fault is to do the memory test in tech rep. A longer method is to swap out the memory with known good modules from another machine.

Check to ensure that the sensors are being properly triggered.

To eliminate the doc feeder, swap it with a known good unit.

Haroldbfix
01-17-2010, 02:21 AM
The issue was resolved. The problem was the IPB. Another sympton was as soon as a document was place onto the Doc feeder tray the exposure lamp would come on and stay on.

Stirton.M
01-17-2010, 02:31 AM
The lamp symptom was important to know. I thought that the problem was further along the chain. Was it just the board or simply a bad connection? I've had a couple machines flake out on me because of the cable that goes from the IPB to the MFP was at fault. In both instances, blank copies were reproduced.

Haroldbfix
01-17-2010, 02:43 AM
It was the board.

Haroldbfix
01-17-2010, 02:44 AM
The lamp symptom was important to know. I thought that the problem was further along the chain. Was it just the board or simply a bad connection? I've had a couple machines flake out on me because of the cable that goes from the IPB to the MFP was at fault. In both instances, blank copies were reproduced.

It was the board

it

Custom Search