PDA

View Full Version : c6500 duplex registration problem

Custom Search

totoro
01-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey Everyone,

The problem I am having on this machine is that the side to side duplex registration is different for all 5 trays. The first side is fine. If I adjust the ADU for one tray then it throws off another. I really know next to nothing about this machine. I am Ricoh, Canon, and Xerox trained, but I am the only tech within 3hrs from this machine. I do have manuals, but I can't tell a lot about where some things are. I want to change the ADU centering sensor, but I'm not quite sure where it is. Am I on the right track? Anyone with any suggestions? TIA

Stirton.M
01-13-2010, 01:39 AM
The trick is tricky, and time consuming.

Because of an ongoing issue with regard to the flakiness of the centering sensors (mostly to do with glossy paper stocks), we disable those directly.

Software switches 26-4 and 26-5, set both to 1. These are the auto centering controls. When set to 1, they are disabled. This is up to you of course. But for the purpose of this adjustment, these need to be disabled for the time being.

You will need to do a CD mag adjust check before you continue. In the attached image, there is a typo that refers to "FD Mag Adjustment" in step 8. It should read CD Mag Adjustment.

Trays 4 and 5 (large capacity) are fixed center, so you adjust the machine to these first. Ensure the front and rear paper guides are centered relative. Loosen the lock screws and spread them fully apart. It will be obvious if they are not centered if either of the registration guides on the front or rear do not match (lables on the top).

Follow the attached instruction to center the machine to these trays, including duplex. Once you have these set, then you can go onto the main body trays.

The third attachment shows the mechanical adjustment of these trays. Adjust the physical position of these trays relative to the previous adjustment.

These steps should get you very close to centered on the whole machine. Further adjustment should be done on the fly through the printer driver and command workstation using "Image Shift" on the finishing tab. See attached file on this. The capture I have is an old example, the latest fiery drivers are quite a bit different in appearance, but the function is still the same.

As I said, the auto center adjust sensors tend to be flakey on glossy stock. You can leave these enabled, but there is a problem that cross direction registration tends to be eratic and unreliable with glossy stocks. We leave these off and have had no major problems so long as the trays are adjusted correctly. The user can adjust via the driver or command workstation as needed after.

Stirton.M
01-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Hey Everyone,

The problem I am having on this machine is that the side to side duplex registration is different for all 5 trays. The first side is fine. If I adjust the ADU for one tray then it throws off another. I really know next to nothing about this machine. I am Ricoh, Canon, and Xerox trained, but I am the only tech within 3hrs from this machine. I do have manuals, but I can't tell a lot about where some things are. I want to change the ADU centering sensor, but I'm not quite sure where it is. Am I on the right track? Anyone with any suggestions? TIA

Oh...see attached images for where the sensors are located...two...one on the ADU, and the other on the horizontal feed of the paper feed cabinet...

totoro
01-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks so much. I will try this when I go back either Friday or Monday.

totoro
01-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Stirton.M,

Your procedure seems to have worked. I appreciate the help. Hope you can help with the problem I will be posting about later tonite.

Stirton.M
01-27-2010, 05:07 AM
You are welcome. :cool:

pg1309
08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi

I when i press copy the page that print is blank???

Pierre

mrwho
08-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi

Pierre

First of all, create a new thread for your problem. This thread is about centering problems and not blank copies - thus making your post off-topic.

Second, give us some more details: machine model (I could assume it's a C6500, but since you failed to follow the topic, you probably are talking about a different machine as well), what happened before the blank copies started to come out, what you did to try and solve the problem... details, details, details!

Third: Start a new thread! I will give no more replies to your problem on this thread.

RRodgers
08-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi

Pierre

Hi, when I read a post to a thread that has been highjacked I usually ignore it or tell them to make a new thread (like Mrwho told you to do)

Chromatik
08-29-2010, 08:03 PM
that everyone is so interested in answering stupid, stupid questions?

******like this one!!!!!!!!!******

mrwho
08-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Because some people are so dense, if you don't say anything they pretend everything is alright. That's why I answer stupid questions - like this one!

Chromatik
08-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Because some people are so dense, if you don't say anything they pretend everything is alright. That's why I answer stupid questions - like this one!

re to re

******like this one!!!!!!!!!******

RRodgers
08-30-2010, 04:21 AM

HAHAHAHA!

pg1309
08-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi when i print the page it BLANK?

mrwho
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi did you read my previous post right after your LAST ONE?

jma676
09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
HAHAHAHA!

Lol.

Custom Search