PDA

View Full Version : C253 loud banging noise

Custom Search

Taminol
01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi guys,

I have a client with a C253. I went to visit it last week when the call came in for noisey. I'd never heard a noise like it, not since the days of EP350Z's when the waste box overflowed!
I believe something is siezed in the toner section. The bit where the new toner comes from the cartridge and eventually gets to the IU.
Any idea how all this section comes out - it looks a right bitch.
If I take a gear off the the waste toner drive, the bottom half moves freely. There's definately something untoward going on above it.
Please have a look at the attached .PDF you may be able to shed more light on it for me.
Either that or have a look at the video here
MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it (http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QTUJATEG)

Any help greatly appreciated

pepper38_cnd
01-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Well I have to say you are a great photographer!

Have you tried another transfer belt? And WTB? Just by the sounds of it, I would guess a clogged auger? Either Transfer belt cleaning or waste toner storage.

Is you image good? No Jams? That would rule out Belt Drive, IU Dive and Fuser Drive.

Taminol
01-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Have you tried another transfer belt? And WTB? Just by the sounds of it, I would guess a clogged auger? Either Transfer belt cleaning or waste toner storage.

Is you image good? No Jams? That would rule out Belt Drive, IU Dive and Fuser Drive.

Hi Pepper,
Thanks for your reply.
The IU's, WTB and transfer belt are perfect. I have removed them from the machine and when I maunually turn M1 Transport motor I can create the noise. I agree I think it is something to do with conveying the toner. But how the hell does that section come out, looks like the machine was built round it.
As for CQ and jams, I've not got one throught it. Two reasons mainly, first the noise is so loud it sounds painful. Secondly, after pre-drive has finished the machine calls for the WTB to be replaced. This is because it isn't being driven and the sensor concludes that it must be full.

BIG PAPA
01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Your main drive comes out from the back. Behind the boards. Not much fun.

kmcopier
01-14-2010, 11:17 PM
send me a PM a have a document for you about this problem kmcopier

alexfixes
01-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi guys,

I have a client with a C253. I went to visit it last week when the call came in for noisey. I'd never heard a noise like it, not since the days of EP350Z's when the waste box overflowed!
I believe something is siezed in the toner section. The bit where the new toner comes from the cartridge and eventually gets to the IU.
Any idea how all this section comes out - it looks a right bitch.
If I take a gear off the the waste toner drive, the bottom half moves freely. There's definately something untoward going on above it.
Please have a look at the attached .PDF you may be able to shed more light on it for me.
Either that or have a look at the video here
MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it (http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QTUJATEG)

Any help greatly appreciated

never had that. I had noise on (K) toner on c253, when I repalced it fiexed the problem.

copytechman
01-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Thats an awful noise and yeah, no easy way to get that out.. ouch.. Not ever heard one do that either!

Regards!
A.

Taminol
01-15-2010, 09:25 AM
send me a PM a have a document for you about this problem kmcopier

Done

Taminol
01-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Thats an awful noise and yeah, no easy way to get that out.. ouch.. Not ever heard one do that either!

Regards!
A.

Yep, that's what I thought.
Where's the reply that says "undo a couple of screws and it all comes out easily"
Oh well, I'll look at it next week. It's sitting in our warehouse at the moment.

copytechman
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Lol! I wish it were that simple.. pratically anything that involves gettin into the backside of one these boxes can be a bit of a trial! Sorry no easy answer here!
Regards!
A.

BIG PAPA
01-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Yep, that's what I thought.
Where's the reply that says "undo a couple of screws and it all comes out easily"
Oh well, I'll look at it next week. It's sitting in our warehouse at the moment.

Well it isnt so much the screws as the million and one connectors!

Darren King
01-20-2010, 02:42 AM
Check the tape on the transfer belt. Had a fellow tech experiencing strange noises and it turned out that the tape was still on the waste toner port.
Hope this helps
Darren

Taminol
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
UPDATE

It was definately the magenta toner chute which was blocked. It blocked because the pin was missing from the Magenta IU - therefore when the toner dropped in to the IU, but the IU didn't convay the toner.
I managed to vac out the chute (by fashioning a very niffty nozzle attachment) :)
When I then turned the transport motor by hand everything turned perfectly, no noises, no blockage.
The machine went back to the customer today.........3 hours later we got a call from them saying the machine was making a loud banging noise:eek:
I'll be going back there tomorrow and will let you guys know what I find.

Thanks for all your replies

Tam

alexfixes
01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
UPDATE

It was definately the magenta toner chute which was blocked. It blocked because the pin was missing from the Magenta IU - therefore when the toner dropped in to the IU, but the IU didn't convay the toner.
I managed to vac out the chute (by fashioning a very niffty nozzle attachment) :)
When I then turned the transport motor by hand everything turned perfectly, no noises, no blockage.
The machine went back to the customer today.........3 hours later we got a call from them saying the machine was making a loud banging noise:eek:
I'll be going back there tomorrow and will let you guys know what I find.

Thanks for all your replies

Tam
I had lot of thoes machines like that with loaud noises. What i do I usally listen to the noise that where exactly coming from. It could be many thing, I had bad pint head motor gone and making bangging noise, i replaced the whole laser. also had bad toner cartridge making banging noise, I thinkl problem is the bad toner cartrighe. try repalcaing that and let me know. we have real bad storm here I have been busy with power faliuare and servers issues alot so i won't be able to respond to you soon.... good luck

scoonered
12-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi Tam

I have exactly the same problem with Magenta supply hopper backing up & making that noise, I was just wondering if you sorted it out on your return visit?

Thanks

Colin

fishleg
01-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Had this happen to us a few times impossible to fix at a customers. 3 hours taking stuff out and got no where for us a seized IU caused a backup of toner in the toner hopper. Used an air compressor in work shop and blasted the hell out of it seemed impossible to get the VAC deep enough for us. Good luck...

JR2ALTA
01-16-2014, 02:50 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/62419-Problem-with-bizhub-C253/page2

Taminol
01-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Hi Tam

I have exactly the same problem with Magenta supply hopper backing up & making that noise, I was just wondering if you sorted it out on your return visit?

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin,

No I didn't fix it on my return visit. The noise was exactly the same so we pulled it out and put a loaner in.
Previously I had diagnosed it as the split pin missing from the M IU, which of course was the cause of all the trouble. But the toner chute was backed up again, but nothing to do with the pin being missing from the M IU.
It was tiny, and I mean really small bits of compacted toner in the chute and horizontal toner conveyance coil for Magenta.
I would suggest doing everything possible to fashion a tool to attach to a compressor or vacuum then either blow and/or suck from the top and bottom of the chute. Bang it, tap it, just do all you can to ensure it is toner free.

Have had 2 more do this since my original post. Both of these were the same, compacted toner.

Good luck, sorry for the late response.

Regards

Tam

fishleg
01-21-2014, 10:36 PM
We had another machine do this... Now I don't know if its just random but turning the dev gears on the IU it felt tight compared to the rest.

That IU had been chipped so my theory... Reset chip screws TCR causing machine to overtone which eventually backs up.

copier tech
02-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Genuine toner all day, after market/pirate/Non oem toner will cause so many issues just not worth trying to save a few £

Mohammad Khurram
04-14-2014, 07:06 AM
same problem i have
guys any solution ?

Synaux
04-14-2014, 07:16 AM
same problem i have
guys any solution ?
Sure thing buddy!
The solution is to read the thread (or aquire an interpreter)...

Mohammad Khurram
04-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Sure thing buddy!
The solution is to read the thread (or aquire an interpreter)...

i try these all but still no success

grimreeper
04-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi you have yourself one massive job there suggest you uplift this machine and take to your workshop becuase you going to have to strip the entire rear and front section out to get the toner recycling unit out of the machine two things to look for once you got it is the recycing auger clogged or snapped strip out clean or replace, the two gears on the end that links up to drive section are either of them stripped or both have had this before basically comes from waste toner box not being emptied or changed regularly front door is open and closed to fool machine you have mission on hands work carefully you want to reassemble this machine and get it to work properly again good luck buddy :confused:

Mohammad Khurram
04-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Hi you have yourself one massive job there suggest you uplift this machine and take to your workshop becuase you going to have to strip the entire rear and front section out to get the toner recycling unit out of the machine two things to look for once you got it is the recycing auger clogged or snapped strip out clean or replace, the two gears on the end that links up to drive section are either of them stripped or both have had this before basically comes from waste toner box not being emptied or changed regularly front door is open and closed to fool machine you have mission on hands work carefully you want to reassemble this machine and get it to work properly again good luck buddy :confused:

thanks boss
already i open it.

Custom Search