PDA

View Full Version : Konica BizHub 500

Custom Search

jdefrehn
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
We have a 500 in our office. I am racking my brain to try and answer this simple question:

Is there a way to set the BizHub to only scan into PDF? Right now we have TIFF and PDF as options, but I only need PDF to be up there. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. I have not been able to find a switch or option for it in the web interface.

Thanks - J

mrwho
01-14-2010, 03:14 PM
As far as I know you can't "hide" the TIFF option. You can instead put PDF by default, though, if I'm not mistaken. Is that it?

jdefrehn
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
That would work as well. I can't find a way to do that from the web interface. Would it need to be set up directly on the printer's touch screen interface?

mrwho
01-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes, although I'm not sure how it's done - it's been some time since I serviced one of those.

Try the following at the machine:

- Change to the Scan screen;
- Configure all the options the way you want them to stay (file format, resolution, etc);
- Enter Utility Mode (Utility button);
- Enter User Setting
- Enter Initial Setting
- You should have the option to use the Current Settings as default.

If it doesn't work, I apologize - I'm typing this from memory. :) Maybe someone else can help you better.

mrwho
01-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Just found this:

DESCRIPTION: How to set default file type to PDF or TIFF in Scan mode.

SOLUTION: To set the default file type, perform the following:
1. Press [Scan] and change the file type from [TIFF] to [PDF] on the operation touch panel.
2. Select [Utility/Counter] -> [User Setting] -> [Initial Setting]. Change from [Factory Default] to [Current Setting] and press OK.
3. Return to the basic screen.

Seems like I wasn't too far off. :)

jdefrehn
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Awesome sir. You have been a huge help. Thanks so much for your time and knowledge.

mrwho
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
You're welcome!

Custom Search