PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard

Custom Search

Taminol
01-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Ah yes, Snow Leopard and the lack of drivers offered by KM.
Here's my problem. I have a potential customer who runs SL and wants to upgrade his Ricoh Aficio 250 to a KM device. However, funds are limited. Only £1500 ($2500) available. He'd ideally like colour, must have A3 and isn't too bothered about scanning.
I have a recon C350 which is in the right ballpark, but I cannot find any mention of 10.6 drivers.
Or I could probably stretch to a C250
What would you guys recommend.
I'm pretty sure there isn't enough money for even a brand new B&W device. I looked at the 222 (which can use the 10.5 driver).
Any suggestions?

buster68
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I would go with the C250. Atleast in that respect you would have some functionality for printing with SL10.6. Unless the C350 has a Fiery print controller, its not compatible with any MAC OS.

Taminol
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I would go with the C250. Atleast in that respect you would have some functionality for printing with SL10.6. Unless the C350 has a Fiery print controller, its not compatible with any MAC OS.

Oh, I didn't realise it wasn't compatible full stop - without the Fiery.
I'd seen some drivers on 'onyxftp', they were C350 MAC drivers, but on closer inspection, they were specific to the Fiery.
Good point - wel made!

According to a document produced by KM, the C250 Snow Leopard 10.6 driver is expected in July 2010. But as an alternative I can use 10.5 (Leopard). However, they make a disclaimer about using 10.5. It reads....In case of not set to default printer, some of printer setting might not work correctly and Some unnecessary message might appear during operation of driver

Have you had 10.5 working on SL on a C250?

Custom Search