PDA

View Full Version : CF-3102 Problem with LAN communication

Custom Search

jethro tull
01-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Greetings!

I have a minolta CF-3102 copier machine.I have a problem with the communication.Its connected via LAN with my PC.I tried to send some documents from my PC and the copier doesn't respond.I also tried to ping the IP with no results.The link/act LED on my hub is out.The cable is working because i have tested it with a Laptop.Now my question is: Is there any chance that the motherboard behind the copier is faulty?
Any ideas?
Thanks

RRodgers
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Greetings!

I have a minolta CF-3102 copier machine.I have a problem with the communication.Its connected via LAN with my PC.I tried to send some documents from my PC and the copier doesn't respond.I also tried to ping the IP with no results.The link/act LED on my hub is out.The cable is working because i have tested it with a Laptop.Now my question is: Is there any chance that the motherboard behind the copier is faulty?
Any ideas?
Thanks

I would assume that it has a fiery bolted to the back of it. There should be a power switch (towards the bottom) cycle that and the copier power as well. Wait 5 mins (be sure to wait) and try to ping it again and see if it works.

Let me know

jethro tull
01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
I did what you said and still nothing.

Stirton.M
01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
It's possible the Fiery controller has gone south. More likely that it is unable to boot.

On the fiery, you should see a small window that has a pair of LEDs in it, that when you turn the power switch on (the one on the fiery, not the copier main body), one should light up. You should also hear the Fiery system fan come on. If not, check the power connection for the fiery. On the top of the Fiery, there is a small plastic cover. This covers the AC power connection provided from the copier to the Fiery. Ensure the plug is seated properly. You can also insert a separate power cord (these are universal to all PCs, many monitors and yes, even the copier) into the plug to eliminate the unlikely lack of power from the main body of the copier.

If none of this produces at least a "live" fiery, it is possible the mainboard in the fiery is gone...or simply the internal AC-DC converter is toasted. If the device powers but doesn't boot, you will need to have the hard drive dealt with...the Fiery system code may be corrupted and simply need to be reinstalled and configured, or the hard drive needs to be replaced, along with new system code installed and configured. All of these will require a KM service tech to diagnose further. Just an FYI, if the fiery is toast, it will not be a cheap fix.

alexfixes
01-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Greetings!

Any ideas?

Thanks
is it printing using your laptop connect to the copier with crossover cable. this is the first test you need to do before digging for controller board and so on..... it could be your hub or other issues with network. when you do this try power down the copier and restart the laptop....

alexfixes
01-18-2010, 11:16 PM
what happens if hard drive crashes and is hosed.. I think by repalcing the hard drive still have to load the os. i never had tosted fiery but i did had crashed and zaped hard drive.....

Custom Search