PDA

View Full Version : Professionalism is up at Copytechnet

Custom Search

blackcat4866
01-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I've noticed that the quality of the new threads is definitely looking up. I want to compliment everyone on the completeness of the posts I've read of late.

I thnk you all know what I'm talking about. The thread reads: "It's jamming. I think it's a Sharp. What should I do?" Threads like this just create more questions than they answer. Is it a Sharp, or something else? What jam codes? If you don't know how to get jam codes, read the manual to find out how. And don't ask me to give the manual to you for free. My policy is that if I have to pay for it, you do too. That goes for manuals, firmware, software, utilities, ...whatever. The short answer to this thread is: "Get your information straight and come back."

I really think that the maturity level of the participating techs is much improved. =^..^=

Mr Spock
01-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I am not nor have I ever been PROFESSIONAL........
But thanks for the update.

tmaged
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I try to help as much as I can & I know you do also. In my experience, I enjoy going to classroom schools at the manufacturers as I'll try to pick up info from good/experienced techs. We all walk away from those classes shaking our heads at some of the techs that are there. There's always at least one in every class who just doesn't seem to get it. I'm glad to have found this forum and look forward to contributing/learning as much as I can.

SCREWTAPE
01-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I agree with Blackcat, get your facts first , jam codes, error codes, the model. Manuals cost money and should never be given away freely. I don't mind sharing info but I limit my time to those who don't get it and are who are not techs. If you are a user and your trying to fix a minor user problem that does not require a tech, this is not a problem. To assist someone in need of some direction is never a problem for me. But as the saying goes here at Copytechnet, just because you have a manual or read a manual does not make you a tech!

Professionalism is up at Copytechnet, I agree there are many good techs on this copier fourm but there are some that are just to far behind or don't even have a concept on how these machines work.

Custom Search