PDA

View Full Version : truble print in pro c500

Custom Search

iust
01-18-2010, 08:31 AM
when I print in 135gr or higher , result is very bad. one sample is here.
please help me
3266:mad::(
NOTE
1) black color is destroyed and pasted other place . it happen usually when I print more than 10 pages.
2) I change paper brand , but no affect
3) 2month ago I have CS 34 , and with dipSW solved problem.

please hep me immediately:(

Stirton.M
01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Adjust your paper weight setting to a higher value.

You are printing too heavy a stock for the current setting. The document is quite literally sucking the heat out of the transfer rollers, which is why you are getting that code and more to the point, why toner is not fusing to the paper.

iust
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Adjust your paper weight setting to a higher value.

You are printing too heavy a stock for the current setting. The document is quite literally sucking the heat out of the transfer rollers, which is why you are getting that code and more to the point, why toner is not fusing to the paper.
I printed in normal2 , but result was not better than pic that was showen in top this page.

is the sentence true ? Developer dont seprated and with toner pasted on paper! or developing unit has a problem ? my devloper count ~= 3100 and developing unit count ~=150000

Albonline
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
should be thick 4. try that!

Stirton.M
01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
There are 6 weight settings available on the machine, depending on which tray you print from.

If you have the large capacity try, you will have all 6 weight settings. The bypass tray also has all 6. Trays 1-3 I believe are maximum 209gsm paper, though I do not recommend running anything "thick" from these trays. Glossy text yes, 10pt stock no. In the case of 10pt stock, use the bypass or large paper deck if you have it.

135gsm paper should be set to the 163-209g/m2 setting, or number 5. See attached image.

RRodgers
01-19-2010, 02:20 AM
As stated above, it really does look like a paper thickness issue. Try Thick 4.

iust
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I test normal5 and 4 but paper jammed in heater.

mrwho
01-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Use the bypass instead - it allows you to configure the paper weight directly (when using the Trays 1-3, you need to go into the Key Operator mode and configure the 6 presets presented to you).

So, place your paper on the bypass and then, on the touchscreen next to the bypass, there should appear a new button that will allow you to configure paper type, size, weight, etc. Try it.

iust
01-20-2010, 07:07 AM
:mad: I`m not stupid . I understand what you say. and I can set all kind of setting on c500

please tell me , is it one problem in developing unit or developer yes or no ?!:confused:

Stirton.M
01-20-2010, 07:24 AM
No, it is not a developing issue. It is a fusing issue, specifically not enough heat. Setting the paper type setting to level 5. This tells the machine to slow down the print process and adjust the heat lamp cycle times to compensate for thicker paper.

As for your jamming issue, perhaps you are running up against another issue. When was the last time your fuser had maintenance? I am curious regarding whether or not the teflon coating on the upper roller is worn or not, or if you are actively using the oil web unit inside or not. If it is worn, perform a PM on the fuser. I doubt it is this, based on some of the problems you have related.

We stopped putting in the oil web unit in these (long spool of paper towel above the upper roller that is impregnated with a silicon oil) because it tended to cause too much drag on the roller, physically causing the machine to stall. This becomes more prevalent the older the machine is...worn parts and such. You can test for this by simply removing the top cover of the fusing unit...four screws on the top are removed and the cover can be lifted off, the oil web (if installed) will be attached to this. If there is no oil web, you can put the cover back. If there was an oil web there, leave the cover off so you can test the machine at setting 5 for your paper weight and see if the jams go away. If they do, simply remove the oil web from the cover and place the cover back on the fusing unit.

shawn Xia
01-20-2010, 08:01 AM
maybe the upper fuser roller is not good.is it broken?

mrwho
01-20-2010, 08:08 AM
:mad: I`m not stupid . I understand what you say. and I can set all kind of setting on c500

please tell me , is it one problem in developing unit or developer yes or no ?!:confused:

I never meant to call you stupid - it's not even implied in what I wrote.

Stirton.M
01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
maybe the upper fuser roller is not good.is it broken?

That I don't know. I cannot see it and I am not as magical as some think I am.

iust
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I removed web 2 months ago when I have Sc34 .
other note:
when I touch output paper I see smbadhly :(

I am very confused , I think left c500 in rubbishs :mad:

Custom Search