PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 8050 Not Printing

Custom Search

Beachguy
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
We have a strange problem with an 8050. It's recogized by the network (passes the ping test) but it will not print when a page is sent to it. On the queue it will say Printing-Printer Busy or Error. We used different cables and computers and checked the settings. The customer deleted the printer on the network and then reinstalled it. We did it again and used the CF8050 print driver, but we're not sure if needs any special settings, i.e., queue name.

Anybody ever seen this before?

iust
01-18-2010, 07:49 PM
if you use windows(XP-2000-vista) OS go to this address and delete countains of folder .

OS drive\Document and setting\<go to folder that name is equal by user name(the name showen in start menu)>\local setting\temp -------> delete every things ( some files dont delete, no problem there is)

it space is most important for post script

Stirton.M
01-19-2010, 12:57 AM
There might be a problem with a file in the print queue on the fiery. Do you have Command Workstation? This is a program you can install on your computer that when set up, will allow you to interface with not only the fiery on the KM 8050 box, but multiple fiery controllers, even from competitor machines like Xerox and Canon. If you have command workstation, you can use this to view the Fiery print queue and can determine there why you are not printing. Sometimes a file gets stuck in the queue because of some kind of corruption. The cause is sometimes just simple line noise at the time the transmission from PC to controller happened.

That said...you can try from the printer control interface to access the fiery interface (for an embedded controller) or if you have the Pro (looks like a PC tower), you can access a similar menu from there where you can tell the controller to "clear server". Unfortunately I do not have a machine in front of me to verify, but I do recall that this would be found on the top level of the control interface. Clear Server command instructs the Fiery to clear all jobs in the print and hold queues, including the logs. Typically this will correct the behavior of many fiery controllers.

If you have command workstation, you can send this same command via top pulldown menu under Server.

If you would like a copy of command workstation, you can download it directly from EFI. It is a large download, about 235MB. But it is worth the time and effort as this is a very very useful utility to maximize the effectiveness of using a fiery controller on any machine. The link is on the lower right of the big graphic on the following link. Fill out the questions and you will gain access to the free download.

Fiery Command WorkStation 5 (http://www.efi.com/cws5/)

If the clear server option doesn't work, let me know....

RRodgers
01-19-2010, 02:23 AM
try this, goto start (on your computer) run, then type \\servername\print (is the name of the fiery or you can use the IP address) \\ipaddress\print it should pop up a window that you are about to connect to a printer... blah blah blah... click ok and then try a test page and see if that works.

Let us know.

Beachguy
01-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I've used the Command Workstation on Xerox machines, it's something I can try. This printer has the IP-921 embedded controller. I can delete the jobs that in the printer queue on the host computer, but maybe there is something "stuck" in the server. I'll try the suggestions the next time I'm in front of the machine and let you know.

mrwho
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Try RRodger's suggestion. If it doesn't work, try to use a Standard TCP/IP Port pointing to the printer's IP and using the LPR protocol with the Print queue name.

I assume you understand what I typed above. If not, yell, and I'll make a drawing out of it. :)

Beachguy
01-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Here's a follow up to this thread...Unfortunately it's gone from bad to worse. The IP-921 controller does not appear to be working at all. It has two red lights showing, on the top left and lower right. This machine had this problem last year (there is a post on this website about it), and Konica themselves came in and fixed the problem. From my understanding, they replaced the IP-921. Has anybody else had problems with these embedded controllers?

mrwho
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
What happens when you press the "Printer" button on the machine?

Maybe it's just a matter of reinstalling the controller firmware.

Beachguy
01-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, when the Print or Scan buttons are selected, nothing happens, right now it just works as a copier. Is re-installing the firmware something I need the OEM for?

mrwho
01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
The firmware for the 921 is nothing more than the controller's operating system. So, it really depends on your computer knowledge than anything else - and, of course, the ability to get your hands on the software needed. Send me a PM and, as soon as I get home, I'll check if I have it and if I can provide it to you.

Stirton.M
01-28-2010, 12:46 AM
There are two CDs, system and user, each roughly 400 mb

mrwho
01-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Oops - you're right! I only got the System CD. It will be enough for him to put the system up, but ideally he should also have a User CD - maybe he got an old one lying around with the same version.

Stirton.M
01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
If I recall, the user disk is not critical. It doesn't contain any must needed software, aside from the convenience of having a compatible print driver right there. The only files I found absolutely essential was command workstation along with colourwise tools, which is obsolete, as it were, on the user disk. The most recent, version 5.1, can be downloaded here... Fiery Command WorkStation 5 (http://www.efi.com/cws5)

Custom Search