PDA

View Full Version : C-203 hanging at KM Logo.

Custom Search

fatboyz99
01-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi,
I'm having a problem with c203 Machine.The Customer was printing some Job and Switched off the Machine,for some reason
he turned on the machine within next 2 minutes, but the machine HANGED when it has reached KONICAMINOLTA logo.
when i Open the front cover for IU Unit and the Side Door then close i can hear the noise for Stabilizing, but the Display never
Changes from KONICAMINOLTA. When i try to trouble rest, also the same it stops at KM logo.

I've tried upgrading the Firmware to the latest version and the older version. but No change in the Display.
Now the Machine is in the SERVICE CENTER.
Please some one Advice me in this issue.

Thanks .

Stirton.M
01-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Check the cable connections between the video interface connector on the MFP board and the image process board. Simply disconnect and reconnect them at both ends. This is usually the cause of this problem.

There might be a problem with NVRAM as well. If you have another C203, you can swap the pack for a quick check...don't print anything, just power it on to see if the problem disappears.

Then of course, to replace either the IPB or the MFPB. This may or not be practical for you. Our shop we have a few spare boards from the national board repair center I can make use of, and usually enough demo machines I can steal a board from if push comes to shove.

fatboyz99
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi, I tried Changing the NVRAM from the different Machine ,and it worked
Now tell me what to do with this Old NVRAM ? how can be rewritten the DATA again?

Thanks for your Advise.

Stirton.M
01-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Download firmware GEQ-J8

This is an NVRAM reset tool. Follow the instructions regarding resetting the NIC first and see if that allows the machine to fire up. If that still fails, then do the full initialize. This will also reset some counters, so keep this in mind when dealing with accounting for this machine.

The following is an excerpt from the TSB on this....

1) NVRAM Initialize.
This operation clears all data except the information on counter list on the first page.
2) Reset NIC settings.
Only the settings related to the network are cleared.
The setting related to the network is the following items.
-Administrator Settings >> Network Setting
-Administrator Settings >> Fax Settings >> Network Fax Settings >> Internet Fax Advanced Settings
-Administrator Settings >> System Connection >> OpenAPI Settings
-Administrator Settings >> Printer Settings >> Network Timeout settings
-Administrator Settings >> Administrator/Machine Settings >> Input Machine Address >> E-mail settings
-Service Mode >> CS Remote Care >> Server Set >> Send settings
3. Procedure
1) Install the CF card with the correct firmware installed into the into the MFP with the defective NVRAM, and turn on the MFP.
2) The following screen is displayed.
NVRAM Initialize.
[YES] [NO]
NIC setting erase.
[YES] [NO]
3) Select [YES] for the function that needs to to be initialized and press [START] after [YES] has been selected.
NOTE:([START] is not displayed if both [YES], or [NO]. is selected. Only one choice can be made at any time.
4) If Completed is displayed, NVRAM or NIC rest is completed.
5) Turn on the MFP.
Perform the following when you do a NVRAM Initialize:
(Note)
After clearing NVRAM and turning on MFP for the first time, NVRAM is initialized according to the model/FW version of the
MFP where the NVRAM is installed. While initializing, hour glass screen is displayed for about 90 seconds. Do not turn off
the MFP while the hour glass screen is being displayed.
6) Make following setting in service mode.
System1>Marketing Area
System2>HDD>
System2>Option Board Status
System2>Image Controller Setting
System2>Software Switch Setting (required for bizhub product only)
Switch No. :10
Program Release Information
Model:bizhub C650/C550/C451/C353/C253/C203
MFP Firmware Ver. GCQ-J8, GDQ-J8, GEQ-J8
Subject: [bizhub C650/C550/C451/C353/C253/C203] NVRAM clear firmware (Jig Firmware )
2008/07/18
Konica Minolta Confidential 2/2
Hex Assignment: :02
7) Turn off/on the MFP again.
8) Follow the setup procedure outlined in the installation manual for the model which this procedure was performed.

fatboyz99
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi, Thanks for your support again.
you said download the firmware GEQ - J8, but i cannot find this firmware in Infohub downlaod page.

Can u please send me the Download link, if you know it.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Stirton.M
01-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Not sure if this link will work for you or not. If you have access to mykonicaminolta onyxftp, login and the link should be good.

Support & Drivers | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. | Invalid Application Request (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=15088&productid=1020)

Well...I just tried that link and even though it is good while I am logged in to mykonicaminolta, it is useless if not logged in.

You should be able to find the firmware through special firmware section if you have access. I am unfamiliar with infohub.

Oystercopy
01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Stirton, you were a great help on my C-203 issues, but you specifically told me NOT to reset the NVRAM. Now you're telling this guy to do it.... I'm wondering what the difference is?

Stirton.M
01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Amongst other steps, I asked him to swap NVRAM from another working machine as one part of the troubleshooting process in dealing with a machine that fails to get past the KM Hourglass logo. He was able to do so, and in doing so, the machine was able to get past this problem.

This was if I recall, something I recommended you do in your problem as well. It is process of elimination. Either you were unable, or chose otherwise not to swap NVRAM to verify if NVRAM was at fault or not. Eliminate everything else you possibly can before you even consider doing something that is not reversable.

In this guy's particular case, he was able to verify that it was NVRAM that was at fault and therefore had no other choice. This is the only reason I recommended this route.

fatboyz99
01-21-2010, 06:20 AM
HI Stirton,
I've rested the NVRAM using the Firmware(GEQ -j8), it showed me NVRAM updated.
But when I restarted the machine that Hour glass appeared, after that it’s showing different Screen like a Wallpaper (Earth and sky) instead of KM Logo.
And it stopped there, not going further, Before it used to stop at KM logo, now at that Wallpaper screen.
and i was told to Update the Machine firmware, now im confused here !
Can u tell me whats the Machine firm Version? and where Can i get that one from.i'm totally not getting anything from INFOHUB.
Please help me in this Issue.

Stirton.M
01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
It's possible that your NVRAM was irreversibly damaged to begin with. The wallpaper is legacy Konica if I recall correctly.

Hopefully you followed the direction about waiting 90-120 seconds following the first power up after you removed the flash memory. It is an exercise in patience. You should be now facing a machine that you need to perform the setup procedure (as though it was a new machine out of the box).

I suspect it could simply be a firmware level conflict that may be causing this. Disconnect all the options like the finisher and doc feeder and remove the fax unit and disconnect the fiery if you have one and see if that will allow the machine to fully boot up. You could try to flash the firmware again with newer firmware level as well. There was mention of license management error (regarding the serial number on the MFP in conflict with the serial number on NVRAM), but this should show itself as a C code, at which point you would perform the procedure to correct that. But since you are not getting to the point of a partially working machine, I doubt this is what is holding you back.

If flashing with newer firmware doesn't correct the problem, at this point you will have to contact KM directly to get a problem ticket generated with tech support, who will then direct you to return the NVRAM to KM for a replacement board. They may have some other tricks up their sleeves.

If the machine were here in Calgary, we would try one extra step...if you have a written off machine, you could take the NVRAM from that and install it, perform the reset procedure with that which should reset the serial number and other particulars and allow you to proceed from there. Not exactly sanctioned by KM, but when you have nothing else at your disposal to try...to my knowledge, we've only done this once...on a C352 which we took the NVRAM from a C252 that was a flood damage write off.

Beyond this, I have no other recommendations aside from contacting technical support for further instructions.

Custom Search