PDA

View Full Version : biz hub di 3010

Custom Search

copierlady
01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Working on a biz hub di 3010. Copies are getting jammed in the section just above the whole punch box. Seems like something is stuck in there but i can not see it. It is reallllllllly in there. I have purchased a parts and service manual from just manuals but it was a bad file. Trying to get them to send another file but no luck so far. In the mean time my customer is waiting. I just need to know how to get to that section of the machine. Looks like it should just slide out. Any suggestions?

Hansoon
01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution (http://www.yousendit.com/download/S1VEaXRQcGtJMHZIRGc9PQ)

Good Luck!

Hans

KEVIN900
01-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey copierlady, You'll have to remove the finisher from the copier body, so you can access the hole puncher. Unplug the copier. Open the finisher door, and towards the bottom left of the front of the finisher, you'll see a small black square button, Push that in with your screwdriver, while pulling out the finisher. If you don't have the strength to carry the whole finisher, You'll have to disconnect the vertical unit connectors, which are behind that plastic cover with the 2 green knobs. Then it's 6 black screws to separate the finisher's vertical & horizontal units. Then back to that black button I mentioned. When reattaching the horizontal unit back to the copier, be mindful of the white lever at the rear of the machine that is activated by the black button. It often gets unsprung, then the finisher won't securely close. After removing 4 screws for the top cover of the horizontal unit, the hole punch is east to get to. Good Luck !

mk86gurf
01-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Working on a biz hub di 3010. Copies are getting jammed in the section just above the whole punch box. Seems like something is stuck in there but i can not see it. It is reallllllllly in there. I have purchased a parts and service manual from just manuals but it was a bad file. Trying to get them to send another file but no luck so far. In the mean time my customer is waiting. I just need to know how to get to that section of the machine. Looks like it should just slide out. Any suggestions?

To remove the finsher you must first remove the exit finsher section. 6 screws, 3 connectors (behind the cover where the two exit custumer Green knobs are inside the finisher) Be careful of the motor (behind the Exit finisher section. Then you can realease the lock behind the finsher section it is a plastic hook then slide out the remaining finsher section no cables, just be careful has two small feet you can let the finsher sit on

Stirton.M
01-24-2010, 04:52 AM
I suspect the hole punch has lost its home position. It can sometimes happen where the punch unit motor rotates the main shaft in one direction or the other, depending on if you are doing two hole or 3 hole punch. The home sensor should ensure the shaft is centered so that none of the hole punch pins is blocking the path the paper takes through the unit. It doesn't have to be blocking completely to cause a jam. Just enough of any of those pins sticking out to cause drag on the paper to stall it can be enough.

You might be able to fix this without pulling the whole thing out. But not always.

In tech rep, you should be able to do a finisher test to check the functions of the different sections. In there you may be able to activate the punch unit to correct its position.

And in one case, A customer had been a little too aggressive removing a jam and it actually folded a mylar guide back in on itself inside the unit

Custom Search