PDA

View Full Version : Cannot remove drum section in di470

Custom Search

lordqpa
01-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi !
I cannot remove drum unit in Di 470. I loose all screws but unit stacks. I tried force - unsuccessful, machine sputters only.;-).
Is it nessesary disasembly rear side and try remove drum shaft ?

JustManuals
01-21-2010, 10:33 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

fixthecopier
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I had one of these. The shaft the drum is on is screwed up. I had to take mine back to the shop and we had to go in through the back and beat it out. Good luck!

KEVIN900
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
It is a difficult job to remove a stuck drum unit in this copier. It involves removing stuff from the rear of the copier, and, believe it or not, a dent puller, like used in an auto-body shop. You're basically removing the rear of the machine from the drum unit. Don't envy you the first time doing this job. Luckily, the di470 is near obsolete. So there's no need to get good at this job.

Kmdurrin
01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi !
I cannot remove drum unit in Di 470. I loose all screws but unit stacks. I tried force - unsuccessful, machine sputters only.;-).
Is it nessesary disasembly rear side and try remove drum shaft ?

In short - yes. Try to remove the drum shaft

krm
01-22-2010, 04:20 AM
I have done too many of these to remember. Yes, the dent puller is needed. The easiest way is to have two people to remove unit. Access the drum drive unit in the rear. Loosen screws on front of drum unit. Remove fly wheel/cam and hook dent puller onto remaining housing. Have partner pull lightly on drum unit as you lightly pull on dent puller. It should come loose. Sometimes I have had to loosen or remove screws from the drive assembly to remove drum. There are belts and springs in this assembly so beware. Good luck.;

Rudi
01-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I have done this a few times, 3 times this remedy worked ,loosen the screws then take something like a cricket or baseball bat and hit it on the plastic cover between the two screws loosend not like you would hit a ball but more like shoving it , hit it hard enough inward to loosen the drum from the shaft but not break the plastic cover then pull it towards yourself very vigirously and fast.
Good luck
Rudi

Proton
05-07-2011, 06:36 AM
I have done this a few times, 3 times this remedy worked ,loosen the screws then take something like a cricket or baseball bat and hit it on the plastic cover between the two screws loosend not like you would hit a ball but more like shoving it , hit it hard enough inward to loosen the drum from the shaft but not break the plastic cover then pull it towards yourself very vigirously and fast.
Good luck
Rudi
Nice Bro :-bd
i follow your advice & succeed!!

Custom Search