PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Konica 7145

Custom Search

ezduzit
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Loop clutch not activating (no 24v volt to loop clutch) . I tested all other components using mode 47 and they were fine. Replaced print control board,HVDC1,loop clutch,Flashed firmwear. No feed to tray 1 and 2,bypass. Tray 3 feeds to registration rollers wich also do not turn. Anything would help. Thank you :confused:

CMB
03-20-2007, 06:31 PM
maybe a pinched or broke wire or connector. check pins in connectors and make sure none are bent over when you plug them in.

ezduzit
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Both wires from the connector to the board are good. Still wont activate.

TonerMonkey
03-20-2007, 11:04 PM
try a printer driver board, th eone behind the metal cover on the right as you look at the back of the machine.

Warnock
03-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Follow that 24v line back to the source. Check to make sure you don't have ground to zero.

ezduzit
03-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I tested for 24v at connector 24 A1. Only 3 volts present. I also tested ICP11 on the CB (24v present).

ezduzit
03-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Something is shorting out the CB boards. I tried 3 different good boards. When returning the boards back to their original copier, those copiers have the same problem. Assuming all the connectors are connected properly,harnes's are good,developer is vacumed, has anyone ran into something that could short out the board causing the loop clutch not to fire?

Warnock
03-23-2007, 12:04 AM
You have a short, Possible pinched wire, yank all power to the machine and do a continuity check to ground on your 24v line, its there somewhere.

eurosears
02-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi ezduzit

I have exactly the same problem as you have described here. I just wonder, were you able to solve this problem. If so can you please explain how you found it, where you found it and did you have to replace anything the CB board) after you fixed the broken cable?

copytechman
02-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Check the toner supply solenoid (on the toner add unit), make sure it's not shorted, it'll create a symptom just like this on the newer bh420 series, (mostly due to the wrong screw being reinstalled in the solenoid and shorting the coil). That may be why your toasting cb's

Regards!
A.

mrwho
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Did you replace the main CB?

DESCRIPTION: Paper is jamming at the 2nd paper feed roller and the MC2 (loop clutch) does not turn ON in diagnostics.

CAUSE: A loss of 24VDC to ICP11 on the main CB (main body control board).

SOLUTION: Check to see if the MC2 (loop clutch) is operating in the 47 mode. To check MC2 in the 47 mode perform the following;
1. Access the 47 mode (power the copier OFF/ON, while simultaneously holding the 4 and the 7 keys).
2. Enter code 26.
3. Press the start key. At this point you should here the metallic click of the clutch engaging. If you do not here the clutch engage, check ICP11 on the CB, for 24VDC.

To check ICP11, perform the following:
1. Locate ICP11 on the CB. ICP11 is located between CN35 and CN27.
2. Set your meter to 200VDC range.
3. Place you black lead to frame ground.
4. Place your red lead to either side of ICP11, and check for 24VDC.
5. If either side of ICP11 does not have 24VDC, replace the CB (p/n 40LA-9028), and MC2 (p/n 26NA82020).
6. If the 24VDC is present at ICP11 replace just MC2.

Note: Boards above (p/n 40LA-9027) do not have ICP11. In this case it is recommended to replace just MC2 at first. If the problem persists, replace the CB.

eurosears
02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you for the info. I will check the ICP11. I checked the cable and the MC2 yesterday and I was getting 20V at idle and 24V when tunred on. The clutch was engaging.

However, I found one problem already the by pass paper feed system is not operating properly? Possibly a gear or two are bad. So I disconnected the white gear that is driven by the paper feed system and that drives the bypass tray and the papers started coming into and out of the printer from tray 1 :)
The timing is all screwed up, however. If I make one copy the page gets stuck before the drum. If I make 10 pages, most come out with 2 being stuck at point 6-7 and point 3 or so (means two pages are in the system while the cycle of 10 has completed). Paper from tray two still gets stuck near the tray and can't pass through the system without a jam no matter what I do. I wonder if the timing issue has something to do with the bypass tray being disconnected?
A person told me that the copier was dropped or hit while carrying it so this could explain the bypass tray problem. However, what to do about the paper feed timing. Any ideas?

Custom Search