PDA

View Full Version : C252 plus FS603 Finisher

Custom Search

lanierboy
01-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a C252 with a FS603 finisher, all works ok until the customer tries to do double stapling, (single staple and booklet work ok)

the problem is that the finisher takes the pages of the first copy in to staple but instead of the next copy being held back at the machine this arrives at the finisher early and ends up on top of the first set during stapling.

has anyone had this before?? solution??

cheers

Stirton.M
01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Never seen one of these on a C252, at least not at any of our customers. Sales reps keep selling that POS 517 instead of a real finisher like the 603.

It would seem that the finisher is not communicating with the main body properly.

I have my doubts it is a mechanical issue, but then again....if I recall, there should be a deflection plate that redirects the next set temporarily until the first set is clear the staple section. Perhaps that needs some adjustment. But as you said, the machine works fine in other modes, so as I said, I have my doubts.

Check the firmware of the machine and make sure it is up to date with the latest.

pepper38_cnd
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Did this start happening after the finisher was serviced? I would check the Stapler Phase Adjustment, it could be that the stapler timing is off and the next page is getting there before stapling is completed.
The FS603 Service Guide is in the C450/C351 Field Service Guide.

lanierboy
02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Hello guys

I have tried what you have suggested but still NG, any other ideas as customer getting jumpy now.

cheers

macca
03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
There is a firmware to update the machine so that the c252's will work with the FS603's.

This will fix your problem. :o

Mr Spock
03-26-2010, 12:28 AM
FS-603, jams when 2-point stapling more than one set of booklets.
SOLUTION: Flash the machine with special firmware GC8-K3. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector.

bronco31
06-12-2010, 07:35 AM
big mistake.. the stupid engineers at Konica put some "IU modification" crap in the FS603 special firmware that caused my C252 to code out with 2551.. it screws with the TCR values im guessing...

Stirton.M
06-12-2010, 12:24 PM
big mistake.. the stupid engineers at Konica put some "IU modification" crap in the FS603 special firmware that caused my C252 to code out with 2551.. it screws with the TCR values im guessing...

I've used this firmware successfully in the past on a couple machines and never encountered the code. (we talked some customers into getting one :) )

There is an IU enhancement adjustment to the base code conducted, a bit assignment of 01 is assigned to hex address 51. This adjustment is merely for extending the life of the IU approximately 50% longer. So instead of lasting for about 30K, it lasts 45K, or to that effect. This has no bearing on TCR itself. I manually make this same setting on EVERY machine, it is a mandate by KM Japan. This setting only affects a new article after replacement, but not the IU at the time the modified code is entered.

I suspect that in your case, this is merely coincidence. These machines throw abnormal TCR codes even at the best of times. This firmware update does adjust for abnormal TCR, and it is possible that the IU was low at the time you flashed it, the new codes saw this and popped the code.

Two primary causes;

Toner bottle: Check the toner bottle to ensure that the mylar that covers the opening for shipping and storage reasons, has properly peeled back, and is not blocking the hole. This is a known issue for some time and can lead to TCR to drop and display the code. Recovery is sometimes possible, but not always.

TCR Sensor: Check the connector for the TCR sensor underneath the IU. It may have not been plugged in properly and is intermittent. Again, a known issue.

Other possible causes could be the IU not seated properly to make full contact with the electrical connection. Oxidation on the contacts is also an issue and has the same effect.

If in doubt, reflash to K0 baseline. If the problem persists, the IU is indeed bad.

Custom Search