PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 950

Custom Search

masterteknicion
01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a 950 with about 480k on it. At any time you can go and make copies on it, lets say a set 0f 10 pages. You hit start key, the first page comes out and it is dirty and the toner rubs off, the other pages haven't come out yet, the machine light flashes, you press it and it says machine is warming up. After about a minute or so the rest of the pages print out. The first few pages that come out are dirty, but then the rest are clean. It almost seems that when the very first page comes out, the toner gets on the fusing rollers and when the other pages come out, the toner gets on those pages making them dirty. Usually any other copies you make after that are fine.

I replaced all thermistors in the fusing unit, and I even bumped up the temperature +5 degrees and it still is doing the same thing. The problem I would think would have to be somewhere in the fuser unit. My next step would be to replace the whole fuser unit, just to rule it out.

It has the base firmware which I think is 10, there is newer one out, but it says nothing about fixing this problem at all.

Any suggestions.

SmellsHot
01-23-2010, 05:44 PM
is the pressure roller engaged and are the springs in the correct spot when it is engaged?? are the bearings alright??

Mr Spock
01-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Is the paper type set correctly? Besides what smellshot posted.

DDProf
01-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi! The top spot lamp 1 and lamp 2 can be disabled. Lower colic is not pinned to the top

masterteknicion
01-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Machine has over 480k copies on it. The pressure roller is engaged. I haven't double checked the spring position, to be honest with you and haven't looked at the bearings. And to be honest I haven't looked at the lamps to see when they come on. I just took it that the machined warmed up in the right amount of time the lamps were coming on. I sent a ticket to ssd and am waiting to see what they say. I am not holding my breath.

The paper type is set correctly.

ddprof

Hi! The top spot lamp 1 and lamp 2 can be disabled. Lower colic is not pinned to the top

What do you mean by lower colic is not pinned to the top?????????

SmellsHot
01-24-2010, 05:06 AM
hey good luck with ssd! Never get anywhere with them....please let me know what the tell ya!
hopefully you can find a solution quick

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
The lamp in the fixing auxiliary roller may not be working. Therefore no heat to the Lower roller, the lower roller sucks the heat from the upper roller during the first copy therefore poor fusing and causes the machine to go into warm up.

masterteknicion
01-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Ok. I checked the bottom heater lamp today and it is coming on. I seen for the first time with my own eyes exactly what has been happening. Just like the customer said. Someone printed 2 pages, the first one came out with the toner able to rub off. The machine said warming up for a minute or 2 and then the 2nd page printed, it was dirty of course.

SSD says to replace the fuser assy and the prcb. Since this is a high priority acct. I can't take a chance and I will have to replace both of them to make sure this problem is taken care of.

I will keep you posted.

SmellsHot
01-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Did SSD give you an explanation on why your replacing these parts? Did they say they've seen this before?

masterteknicion
01-26-2010, 04:23 AM
When I said I was going to replace the whole fuser unit, they agreed, plus they said it wouldn't hurt to replace the prcb in case it wasn't telling the lamps to come on.

masterteknicion
01-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Ok. I replaced the whole fuser unit and the prcb. And so far everything seems to be ok. Sorry I couldn't just put one part or the other to see exactly what the cause was. Very high profile customer I couldn't take a chance with.

Thanks for all the replies.

RockETop
01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I had a 7085 have one of the upper fuser roll lamps fail but not both and not throw a code. It exhibited these same exact symptoms. A day late but......

WetPaper
02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Had this same problem on a 920 and a 1050. One of the Upper lamps failed. Don't know the part number but I know it was the lamp with the fatter ends. Neither machine would kick an error code or show one in the counters. Looking at the upper lamps to see if they are lit can be misleading because the other one will turn on giving the appearance that both are working.

Custom Search