PDA

View Full Version : blurry blue text print with CF2002

Custom Search

Guitarist69
01-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I have a CF2002, and am getting blurry blue print most of the time with text. it only seems to occur with certain lighter shades of blue on thin text fonts - See attached sample - What is strange is some lines will be fine and others will be blurry on the same page(See sample - Last blue line is somewhat clear on the original). Since this only seems to occur with Blue I am assuming the Cyan imaging unit is is the culprit. Is this an accurate assesment or could it be something else. I have no idea how many copies are on the IU.

Thanks,
mh

Stirton.M
01-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Things to check.

Clean the LEDs. You may need to "scrub" them rather than simply just wipe them in one stroke with the cleaning wand. Some guys use alcohol or methyl alcohol. Be sure to clean any residue before you place the IU back.

The transfer belt unit may have a defect on the cyan roller. It may not bee sitting in the correct position relative to the other colours. Swap the unit to see.

Your cyan image unit may be at fault. If you can, swap it with another cyan (preferably used) to see if that is the cause.

Failing all that, you may need to adjust the colour.

IN tech rep, machine adjust, colour shift adjust. You can use this to adjust the x-y direction of the different colours.

RRodgers
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Run a reset and stablize, then calibrate it. Then run the reset and stablize again and then calibrate again. I just had this with a black IU and that worked. Be sure to pull the blue corona cleaner for cyan a few times as well, BEFORE you start this.

Guitarist69
01-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the help - I cleaned the LED on the Cyan with rubbing alcohol(scrubbing them) and that did the trick.

Thanks again.

kjesson2009
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I would like to clean my cyan and magna leds, but I'm not sure where the leds are?? please help I have a cf2002 thanks

Custom Search