PDA

View Full Version : Converting Bizhub C351 To Bizhub C450

Custom Search

mindhunter
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
hi guys.
I need to convert my C351 Copier to 450 for banner printing. my friend says to me its possible. you need firmwares and conncet to the copier and upgrade it . but he doesnt have the firmware and extra information.
Can anyone help me or guide me how can i do this ?
does anyone give me much more information Or Say Me what i have to do ?
Thanks all of members.

mrwho
01-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Never heard of anything like it, so I doubt it is possible. You can always try to flash the C351 with the C450 firmware, but you risk burning some boards if it goes wrong - and they're quite expensive.

Keep us posted on your findings - I'm morbidly curious on how it turns out.

Stirton.M
01-27-2010, 03:34 AM
In calgary, our board repair department used to do this. It is called "turbo"-ing a slower device to make it mimick the faster brother. However, KM Head office put the kibosh on this and shut us down. The basics of this is a few moderations on all the key boards, PRCB, MCB, C-board and HV board. Some lines were cut and rerouted. Then the machine was flashed to the faster machine model. The drawback to doing this however is that ALL the modified boards cannot be swapped to another machine, even a C450, even though it mimicks one.

Stirton.M
01-27-2010, 03:54 AM
hi guys.
I need to convert my C351 Copier to 450 for banner printing. my friend says to me its possible. you need firmwares and conncet to the copier and upgrade it . but he doesnt have the firmware and extra information.
Can anyone help me or guide me how can i do this ?
does anyone give me much more information Or Say Me what i have to do ?
Thanks all of members.

No special modifications are needed, aside from ensuring you have the appropriate memory installed in the machine. Print out a configuration sheet from the copier under the user options to determine this, or use pagescope web interface. In addition, you may need to enable the option and or possibly update the firmware to the mainbody.

Description
How to enable Banner Page.
Solution
To turn on Banner page, perform the following:
1. Select Utility/Counter key.
2. Select [2. User Setting].
3. Select [6. Printer Setting].
4. Select [1. Basic Setting].
5. Scroll to page 2/2 and Highlight and select [ON].

also the following is required.

Description
Printing to banner sized paper.
Solution
Paper up to 1200mm (47-1/4 inch) long and 297mm wide (11-3/4 inches)can be loaded into the bypass tray and printed on using this machine at paper weight of Thick 1, 2, or 3 with the appropriate setting specified from the control panel. Machines with the optional Fiery® controller require optional memory
installed on the PWB-MFPB. EM-309(Item #A06HWW0)is required for the models that use an IC-406 and a 256MB DIMM (p/n 4037607601) is required for the models that use the IC-402.
Notes :
1. The latest PostScript Visual driver is required.
2. The supported operating systems are:
Microsoft® Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft® Windows XP Home and Professional, Microsoft® Windows Server 2003

and

Solution
To support printing banner size documents:
[B]The mainbody must have 1152MB of memory installed to print banners. Additional memory (EM-309) is not required for the IC-402.
The banner function must be set on in the mainbody. Nothing needs to be set on the IC-402. It acts as a passthrough device.

mailderrick
04-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Do you have a way that i could get firmware for you..even if i have to send you a lil cash for as many as i can get just in case i ever need them.

Custom Search