PDA

View Full Version : Very slow printing for CF2002 - Driver/port settings

Custom Search

Guitarist69
01-28-2010, 02:13 AM
I am running a CF2002 over a small windows workgroup and am having problem with print speeds - I am getting about 4 pages a minute on color(very little color on the document) when I should be getting close to 20 ppm. I am wondering if something is not set up correctly in the driver settings. Running windows 7 as well as XP on dfferent workstations - have proper drivers installed. 3101e controller. It looks like the data transfer is going very slow - but only for this printer. Running over TCP/IP - what data format should I be running(RAW, which is how it was set up, or LPR(Not any faster). I noticed there are also a number of different RAW settings too. Or could slow printing be a sign of a wearable going bad(Fuser, etc).

Any help would be appreciated

nmfaxman
01-28-2010, 02:53 AM
The port needs to be set as LPR and the Queue set to PRINT all in caps. Raw setting sendt he job to the memory. LPR sends the job to the print spooler on the machine.

RTFB

Stirton.M
01-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Lack of a hard disk will cause this problem. Unless you got your drive working as you were mentioning elsewhere.

Also, if you are printing PDFs and they are slow, it may be because of the information in the PDF. To increase PDF speeds, on the first page that comes up when you select print, on the bottom left corner is a button called "advanced", click that and in the new window that appears, select "print as image" and then ok. After that you can select the print settings you require to finish it. Again, an internal hard disk would increase the print performance.

And not to burst nmfaxman's valid fix, you are not running a full fiery controller. You technically do not have a print spooler on the machine, at least not a 3102 that contains its own hard drive spooler. And without the internal hard drive to the copier, all your jobs will parse through main memory, which slows down the performance.

joneze
01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Try connecting a laptop directly to the machine using cross over cable and see if print speed improves. Even without HDD i would be expecting to be getting something faster than 4ppm.

Mark

Custom Search