PDA

View Full Version : tricky question - di 3510f

Custom Search

n3o
01-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I've got an di 3510f with mail bin finisher but no hdd, i was wonderring if it's possible to scan one job after another without waiting the last one to end, on my cf 3102 with hdd , i scan multiple jobs, one after another and don't have to wait until i can scan again, if someone has an di 3510 f with or without hdd mounted and can tell me if this is possible, THX

n3o
01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
ok, i foun out that it's possible, i have another question , it's there an special interface for the hdd extension ? or all you need it's to attach a normal hdd ?

lordqpa
01-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Hdd is normal 2.5" disk. U need flat cable to connect to MB and 5V power supply unit. I used cheap 5V supply from market.
Good luck.

n3o
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
where does it connect's ? on the upper section ? and the power supply it's from 12 to 5 V ? or 220 to 5 ?

lordqpa
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Power supply 230V -> 5V
Connections and other in attachment:

n3o
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
i've found all documentation needed, i got myself an hdd some adaptors and a normal pc power source that i intend to modify and use only the 5V output, i also bought a ram memory for the copier, the memory it's an 512 ddr laptop memory, i hope it will work :|

Hansoon
02-02-2010, 07:19 AM
.......... a normal pc power source that i intend to modify and use only the 5V output...........

Why not using the power supply from one of those cheap USB-IDE adaptors? We use them regularly for this purpose.

Hans

n3o
02-02-2010, 08:02 AM
i've made some progres, yesterday i've connected an old 3.5"hdd from an old computer, everything worked untill i've printed something, after printing the machine freezed, i've re-started it, and it cannot initialize after a minute or so it resets, i've waited 1 hour ...nothing, after pulling the pcl memory, everything worked again, now i made the whole thing back again how it was... and i'm waiting for the adaptor i'm missing to mount the 2,5" laptop hdd and do the whole thing correctly, i've got to ask it's there a direct related thing with the hdd and pcl memory ?

n3o
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
finaly done it .... i've installed the hdd (30gb) , but i'm not sure this i've wanted, the machine prints/copy slower now, there is a delay , until a page reaches the finisher the next one doesn't pull :( , imagine if i'm doing 2-sided papers ....it last's for ages, i don't know if it's my fault, if i've done something .... some setting....what can i do ?
i've got one more question what is best for printing pdf's more quickly .... ps or pcl ?

FCBM
02-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you turn the HDD on in the machine settings? When printing pdf's It may print slow on either ps or pcl on large print jobs depending on how the documents were scanned in (Many government site documents can take forever to print) unfortunatly it is the nature of the machine. If you go into your user settings and turn the priority to copier instead of printer it will take longer to send the job to the machine but once it is there it will print quickly. If it is set printer priorty the first couple of pages will print quicker but then it will take forever printing one page and pausing then another page and pausing. You also may have a compatibility problem with the drive you installed. I have a parts machine in my warehouse with a factory HDD, power supply and connections if you need it.

n3o
02-08-2010, 07:42 AM
the problem it's that i'm from europe :(

n3o
02-12-2010, 05:29 PM
the copier it's getting on my nerve, even a normal laser printer (lexmark e232) it's faster than my 3510, i tried disable the hdd and work with the memory like before but i can copy only 50 2-sided pages ( 50 less than befor i've installed the hdd) after that .... memory overflow, tryied different settings on the copier, even format it 2 times, nothing work ...slow...slow... slow, i get trapped cannot work with the hdd because my beard will grow until i finish a job, cannot work without hdd because memory overflows fast and i lose all my work, help ....pls :(

n3o
02-16-2010, 05:07 PM
is there any chance i can find pcl drivers for win xp x64 form my di3510?

Custom Search