PDA

View Full Version : C2810 on Voyager E

Custom Search

blackcat4866
01-30-2010, 03:00 AM
The machine pulls the code during initialization. If you watch the waste toner motor, the motor never turns or even twitches. So I separated the motor from the rest of the drive and restarted the machine, still no rotation. The 24+ hot is present, but the other leg never goes to ground.

It's an extremely simple circuit. the waste toner motor connects directly to the engine PWB via 16" of harness. I pinned out the harness. No breaks, no shorts to ground. I cut the wire ties and loosened up the harness.

The motor is 24volt and I noticed that it uses the same connector as the various fans, so I swapped the nearest fan for the waste toner motor. The fan does not run on the WTM circuit, and the WTM does run on the fan circuit. To me, I interpret that to mean that the motor is good. There is no short between the motor housing and either of the motor leads.

Today, I changed the engine PWB. No joy. No change in the symptoms whatsoever.

The only thing that I can think of is that the WTM is drawing excessive current, blowing the engine PWB, so I've ordered both to replace as a set.

Am I missing something painfully simple?

:confused:

blackcat4866
02-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Even though the waste toner motor would run on the fan circuits 24vdc, the WTM was overdrawing the waste toner motor circuit and blowing that motor driver circuit on the engine PWB. When I replaced the waste toner motor and the engine PWB as a set, the problem was solved.

Hopefully this post will save someone the cost of an engine board. =^..^=

lorenrupe
03-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey Blackcat,
We are having the same problem with no movement on the waste toner motor even switched the motor with no improvement! We tried to upgrade the firmware and keep getting a Main CPU error and so it will not update? It seems like this would be a firmware issue but I guess it looks like I will have to order the engine board but I just hate to have the customer down as it is a busy office. We have a 3225 in the office any idea if the board might be the same?

lorenrupe
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I just got off of the phone with a technician on sight and he said that when he switched the motor the motor is now running but he still gets the error code coming up? We do not have the spring yet to install but I do not see why it would not run at all with out the spring when it has run for 10 months? He still is unable to update firm ware though.

Venom
03-04-2011, 10:49 PM
we have had 2 this week, replace the waste motor and engine board

Venom
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
btw...the TA552ci have the same $hit motor and problem with 2810's

jmaister
03-05-2011, 12:27 AM
the 552 should have the mod, the lil' springy thingy?

back to topic.

blackcat4866
03-05-2011, 01:02 AM
1 302FZ93453 Engine PWB (EPWB) all others
1 302JD93090 Engine PWB (EPWB) C4035E

Loren, I don't know what your original model is, but the engine board for the CS-C4035E is different than the other VoyagerE's. =^..^=

Custom Search