PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 920 paper riding drum

Custom Search

d7guitar
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Has anyone experienced this problem?:eek: Plain white paper will ride the drum causing from image deterioration to paper scrollong and J31-02's. Happens with plain or colored paper. Different manufacturers of paper too. T&S unit, Hi voltage unit, drum carriage have been replaced with no difference. If you adjust the Transfer up or down by 30 and the Sep AC and DC up by 30 it will buy time, anywhere from 50k to 100k copies, then the problem returns. On return, setting those charges back to normal, or going opposite by 30 from default will again buy you the same amount of copies. I have my best techs working on this and can keep them running in this way:( . Spoke with KMBS and our DSM. KMBS denies any knowledge of problem, while the DSM is hearing reports from more and more dealers with this problem. All different types of environments and paper. Anyone?

Techcec
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
This as to do with the Fifth step off the Copy Process.
Seperation:The purpose off this step is to prevent the paper from wraping around the drum.A strong A/C OR D/C charge Positive or negative is applied under the paper nuetralizing the charge on the drum.
Check your seperation Corona wire or static iliminator,I know that printer uses static iliminator.Check and see if this is the problem to the paper is not being seperated from the drum.:eek:

texchar555
03-31-2007, 12:53 AM
just 1 Q, have you even looked at the solenoid? The one that activates the sep claws for the drum. If you did a PM and replaced the sep claws for the drum you have to adjust. Or could be simply , that the sep claws were put in wrong. Claw aft must be above the lift tab.

d7guitar
04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
just 1 Q, have you even looked at the solenoid? The one that activates the sep claws for the drum. If you did a PM and replaced the sep claws for the drum you have to adjust. Or could be simply , that the sep claws were put in wrong. Claw aft must be above the lift tab.
Yes, the claws are correct. It's not that the claws that are causing the problem, it's that the drum riding the paper is.

d7guitar
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
This as to do with the Fourth step off the Copy Process.
Seperation:The purpose off this step is to prevent the paper from wraping around the drum.A strong A/C OR D/C charge Positive or negative is applied under the paper nuetralizing the charge on the drum.
Check your seperation Corona wire or static iliminator,I know that printer uses static iliminator.Check and see if this is the problem to the paper is not being seperated from the drum.:eek:
Our DSM is now saying that the he is hearing the same problem from other dealers. We think it may be the Main Control Board adjusting the Sep values out-of-whack or the NVRAM isn't holding the values.

dburns60
04-09-2007, 11:33 PM
It might not be the seperation current or the sep-claws if the drum is holding a high charge because the drum shaft was not connecting to ground properly. We would have drum trouble like that if you didn't use the graphite type grease to dissapate the surface charge off the drum. Old school.

d7guitar
04-10-2007, 05:22 AM
It might not be the seperation current or the sep-claws if the drum is holding a high charge because the drum shaft was not connecting to ground properly. We would have drum trouble like that if you didn't use the graphite type grease to dissapate the surface charge off the drum. Old school.
I hear you. and yes, I am old school too. We do have conductive grease on it and have checked readings as well. ???Do you remember the 4045's that Konica had this same problem with? The solution was adjusting the AC portion of the Sep by +50 or more. "been there too". Wish that worked here.

Haroldbfix
05-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Has this issue been resolved? Im hearing about another 920 doing the same thing.

d7guitar
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
The ADU driver board actually switches the voltages on/off for the T&S Hi voltage unit. Had one unit fail and was the cause of the J31-02's, but that was an isolated incident and did not work for other 920's with the same problem. We are opening support tickets for every machine that is experiencing this problem so KMBS can see the "Field" impact we are having. This summer we will be able to focus more on this problem and hopefully come to a resolution.

Custom Search