PDA

View Full Version : C451 print problem

Custom Search

francois
02-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi all

one of my customers have a c451 and a c350, the problem is that both m/c are printing at the same time and the same jobs appear in both the m/c job lists. It looks like a driver problem. We have reinstall all the drivers but same problem start again. The m/c is on a network and both have fiery controllers on. Some times when you print from to one m/c both start printing. (the ip address is diffrent)

mrwho
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
That's very very odd! Could it be possible that both have the same IP address??? I know that should not be possible, but it's the only thing I can think of!

francois
02-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Yes the two m/c have diffrent ip adresse

mrwho
02-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Well, in that case, I can only think that your customer is using some specialized software that has the ability to print the same job to different printers (ePrint, Intelliscribe, Print Distributor, PrintRush, etc) - or, since you're using Fierys, maybe there's an option in Command Workstation that I'm not familiar with which will allow you to do just that.

Does the problem ocurs if you try to print from your own laptop to one of the printers at a time?

francois
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
It does not happen every time you print. You can print 100 jobs and it does not do it and just suddenly it start to do it

mrwho
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Sorry then - I'm out of clues.

Let us know when you find out what it is - I'm curious to know!

TheOwl
02-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I would try changing the IP address of the copiers anyway and re-create the TCP/IP ports that are used to print to the devices.

Have you seen this happen while on site? Would you know if it was coming from a specific user or computer?

Just a couple of ideas.

Mr Spock
02-01-2010, 11:19 PM
are the ip address 1 off from each other? The c451 with a fiery requires 2 ip address. One is the fiery and the next one up is for the emperon on the machine. So if the 2nd machine is also set at the next one up that could be the issue. For example if the c451 fiery is 192.168.1.100 and the second fiery is at 192.168.1.101 then any print to the second fiery may show up on the c451 as an emperon print job and may make it to the machine as a print job to both.

RRodgers
02-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Well, in that case, I can only think that your customer is using some specialized software that has the ability to print the same job to different printers (ePrint, Intelliscribe, Print Distributor, PrintRush, etc) - or, since you're using Fierys, maybe there's an option in Command Workstation that I'm not familiar with which will allow you to do just that.

Does the problem ocurs if you try to print from your own laptop to one of the printers at a time?

I'd be willing to bed that they might both be named the same thing on the Fiery's and that's why. But I could be wrong.

francois
02-02-2010, 06:38 AM
the ip addresse is 192.168.192.123 and 192.168.192.131. i think i have found the problem, it is a VIRUS. my laptop have it also now. i will keep you up to date with this problem.

mrwho
02-01-2011, 06:46 PM
So, how did it turn out?

aesthetics1
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I would doubt that a virus would cause anything like this.

My first thought is that printer pooling may be enabled in the ports configuration. Check this on the machines that are causing double prints.

Step 1 is always to isolate the problem. Save the jobs, note the time that it happens, note what type of document it is, and from which computer the job is originating from. I think you will quickly find that it is not as random as you think.

There are certain software applications that will allow you to print a job to multiple machines in order to print the job more quickly. For example, you have 10,000 copies to run, and you have 2 Bizhub 950s. you can run the job in 1/2 the time by spreading it out. If you bought these machines used, or you are new to the office environment, I would make sure that something like this isn't in use now and never was in the past.

Custom Search