PDA

View Full Version : Netbios name question

Custom Search

tech51
02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi all, could some one explain what the Netbios name is and where it is on a BZ751. The problem is I have two networked 751`s on one the cf card crashed and the only way I could recover it was to copy the good 751`s card files onto the corrupt one. However even though everything works I get a message saying the netbios name is in use, contact your administrator. It was late by then so machine has been left as a copier only.
I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what it is and does and how I change it.
Thanks in advance....

TheOwl
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Have a look at this webiste for more information on NETBIOS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBIOS

Have a look at this pic (disregard that it is from a C650) which shows you where to change the NETBIOS name.

Use these steps to change the NETBIOS name:

1. Web Interface
2. Login as Administrator
3. Network
4. SMB Setting
5. Print Setting

If you NETBIOS name is the same on both machines because you copied the flash cards, then you might also want to double check the Host names as well which is found under the TCP/IP Setting.

aleksander
02-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Have a look at this webiste for more information on NETBIOS.

NetBIOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBIOS)

Have a look at this pic (disregard that it is from a C650) which shows you where to change the NETBIOS name.

Use these steps to change the NETBIOS name:

1. Web Interface
2. Login as Administrator
3. Network
4. SMB Setting
5. Print Setting

If you NETBIOS name is the same on both machines because you copied the flash cards, then you might also want to double check the Host names as well which is found under the TCP/IP Setting.

That's it. you can change the NETBIOS name from PSWC.

tech51
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks for your help :D

Rudi
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi all, could some one explain what the Netbios name is and where it is on a BZ751. The problem is I have two networked 751`s on one the cf card crashed and the only way I could recover it was to copy the good 751`s card files onto the corrupt one. However even though everything works I get a message saying the netbios name is in use, contact your administrator. It was late by then so machine has been left as a copier only.
I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what it is and does and how I change it.
Thanks in advance....

Hi tech51
Thanks for this post you might now be able to help me, i have a bz600 with cards gone bad, can i just take the cards from a working machine and then copy them to the faulty cards ? What procedure should i follow for that.

tech51
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
You can, but as I found out you have to carefully check your settings afterwards. Also some of these cards just go faulty and cannot be written to (they are bin jobs) and whatever you do don`t use windows to format the cards. They are in VXworks format and if formatted in windows will be unreadable by the copier. Hope this helps....

Rudi
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Custom Search