PDA

View Full Version : p-14 on c652

Custom Search

big jase
02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
has anyone any ideas on how to cure the p14 code. i have tried the skew reset and front door , also tried a new black iu. prints and copys fine but customer concerned about the warning

Stirton.M
02-04-2010, 12:47 AM
There are several places to look.

First is to clean the IDC sensors. You'll need to pull the belt to get at them. Second, inspect the belt, ensure that ALL the rollers on the belt are ok and that the little nylon clips that hold each roller is not broken.

I usually pull ALL the IUs out and then firmly reseat them back in the machine.

Try doing a reset and stabilize after this.

Failing that, skew correction can also be related to colour registration adjust. To check your colours, in test pattern output, use the crosshatch pattern on 4 colour (not the cmyk one). Do a test on this and see if one or more colours are out of alignment with black. If they are, you may have to do a colour registration adjust (found in machine adjust). To fine adjust, you can use the same test pattern as before, only use the negative setting so you get black boxes and white lines. Any colour out of alignment will show itself here. After each adjustment you do, a reset and stabilize should be done before you check in the test pattern output for any changes.

If none of the above works, then try changing the IDC sensor. I swap the front and rear with each other. If the sensor is at fault, the code will change to another one. Also, may be the PRCB or Relay board or print head unit changed out in that order for troubleshooting.

kon
02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
iv had this and did all stirten suggested ended up ribbon cable ends needed cleaned on printhead unit to fix -- this was a new copier

big jase
02-04-2010, 08:53 AM
thanks, mine is also a new copier so will try all you suggest

Jase

Custom Search