PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 wont behave

Custom Search

Kmdurrin
02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
We've had a bizhub 600 in our shop for the last couple of weeks that simply doesnt want to be fixed. The first set of copies or prints done after the initial warm-up in the morning always have an extra little dusting of toner on the back of the page (back right edge only, very light, but its always there). Once the machine has run about 100 prints the mark goes away. So far we've replaced the drum, developer, burned a pm kit, replaced the dev unit, replaced the ICB, replaced the NVRAM, checked every ground, modded the drum and dev unit for better grounds, replaced the charge components, checked and re-checked the LD1 and LD2 adjustments, and replaced the HV board. We've been through every tech bulletin (dipswitch settings, mag angel, etc...), had multiple KMBS tech support sessions, and the damn machine continues to do this. Looking for any other ideas as to what might be causing this problem. Anyone seen anything like this before?

SmellsHot
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Did you adjust transfer voltage? Also I would replace the T&s unit. The machine is pulling down too much toner.....

pepper38_cnd
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Check and see if you tell it to exit face up, do you still get the dirty corner on the back side? If not you have some dev or toner in the duplex assembly.

Kmdurrin
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM
We've replaced the T/S unit, and the problem continued. Toner looks like its spilling from the back 1/4 of the dev unit (back of the machine). We tried a different dev unit, but the spilling will start again after about 100 prints.

BIG PAPA
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Have you checked the dip sw settings for lowering TCR? Do you run Cart set before runnnig the rest of Drum Pec adj? Had a DSM Suggest this, it helps build the charge on the dev to get a more accurate reading during adjustments. Also dumb question are you using OEM parts?

Kmdurrin
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
All dip switch settings have been assigned to their correct values, per KMBS tech support. All drum adjustments have been run in sequence, also per KMBS tech support. All parts used are OEM (I'm a KMBS dealer). Here is a picture of what the toner marks look like, and I'll upload a pic of the dev unit as soon as we pull it out (again).

These were the first copies we ran this morning after cleaning the entire inside of the machine last night. The lines you see on the sides of the page will go away after running a bunch of prints, but they will come back even darker if the machine is shut down for a while and then re-started. As I mentioned before: The dev unit looks like its spilling off of the mag roller on the back 1/4 of the unit, but we ruled out the dev unit when we swapped one in from a BH601 in our shop and the problem started with that unit too. The 601 showed no spilling with either dev unit installed... only our problem child 600.

BIG PAPA
02-05-2010, 04:29 PM
As you are a KMBS dealer, the statement per Tech supprt doesnt carry alot of weight. LOL. After the copier sits, can you do an inspection and visably see where the lead edge would be coming into contact with the excess toner? Have you tried increasing the sep voltage to try to keep the lead edge lower as it passes under the drum?

SmellsHot
02-05-2010, 07:07 PM
When I've experienced similar problems like this I change the following dipsw's
23-2-1 23-3-1 5-0-1 5-1-1
After changing the DIPSW's run roughly 250 skyshots.....see if this helps.....
tech support isn't much help unless they have the machine in front of them....

Albonline
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
When I've experienced similar problems like this I change the following dipsw's
23-2-1 23-3-1 5-0-1 5-1-1
After changing the DIPSW's run roughly 250 skyshots.....see if this helps.....
tech support isn't much help unless they have the machine in front of them....

This has worked for me . but just a fyi most mid range konicas display this symtom.

Kmdurrin
02-05-2010, 08:31 PM
SmellsHot and BIG PAPA - Spot on about KMBS tech support.

Anyway - Just got done re-checking all the dipswitch settings and running a bunch of copies through. Everything looks pretty good right now... no dusting on the drum or mess inside the machine. Guess we'll have to wait for a bit until the machine cools down and try it again.

SmellsHot
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
If it still does it.....try and stop the copy right below the drum section and see if you see the marks....
I've seen fuser cleaning webs do weird things and cause build up on fusing rollers causing somewhat similar problems like this...
Hope this fixes it!!!

aleksander
02-08-2010, 05:29 AM
replace the filter near developer unit or ozone filter. It may be help you.

Kmdurrin
02-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Came in this morning to more dirty copies! Here is the dev unit after the first run of prints today.

All the voltage settings are set to factory at this point. Any ideas what might be causing the toner dump on the edges? We just cant seem to figure this machine out. As I mentioned before - we swapped out a new dev unit from a BH601 in our shop, and it started to do the same thing after about 100 prints.

mrwho
02-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Did you modify the dev unit's bias pin for better contact?

Kmdurrin
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Both the dev unit and the drum have ground mods installed.

mrwho
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Just checking. ;)

Albonline
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
the only other things i can think of are to set hcut blade to 5 sheets of 20lb (with sleeve clean)and if this dosent work try rewriting the cf cards to level 10 and test for toner spew. i am also assuming you are useing oem supplies?also has the drum sensor been replaced?

Kmdurrin
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
We replaced the TCSB last week and re-ran the LD1 and LD2 adjustments. Seems like the problem only happens during image stabilization when we turn the machine on in the morning. Its like the mag roller "throws" toner around the drum during stabilization.

Kmdurrin
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
We're trying a new printer control board today.

bronco31
03-21-2010, 07:11 AM
pull the 2 CF cards, ( the lower board has a CF in the back of it) delete the files on them... then load 'base firmware"... it's system and image version 10... then usb flash the machine in steps... 17 then 20 then 30...
use a 20 amp surge supp on these beasts....

Custom Search