PDA

View Full Version : BZ950 FS611

Custom Search

tech51
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi all, has anyone experienced problems with these finishers not stapling correctly. Typically one or two sheets dont make it to the stapler unit and then it either jams or exits them incorrectly finished. I have loaded the latest finisher firmware and swithed on the relevant dipswitch but the fault re ocurred after I left it. Any help would be appreciated...

aleksander
02-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Hi all, has anyone experienced problems with these finishers not stapling correctly. Typically one or two sheets dont make it to the stapler unit and then it either jams or exits them incorrectly finished. I have loaded the latest finisher firmware and swithed on the relevant dipswitch but the fault re ocurred after I left it. Any help would be appreciated...

I have the same problem with FS611. But I try to change paper position become Lengthwise, not crosswise. And it works better but sometimes finisher not stapling correctly. Confusing problem.

PeterG
04-09-2010, 06:30 AM
I think I have the same problem. Seems to get worse as the machine heats up. Do the jams register as 72-24 jams?
Are you guys making any progress?
It's driving me nuts.

tech51
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I got mine going eventually, here`s what I did. On the patter guides that square up the paper I fitted thick mylar guides at the top, angled so that as the paper goes into the stacker, the mylar prevents it going upwards too far and ensures it drops back into the stapler. Also if you look at the stacker entrance you will see two black fairly flimsy guides. Extend these using a thin transparency so that they drag on the paper as it enters the stacker. This again helps to stop the paper going too far. Also make sure you have the special firmware installed and the dip switch turned on. Since doing this to my problem machine I have not had a call for jamming in two months. Next time I go to it I will take some pictures of the stacker. Hope this helps...

minimerlin
04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Also check that the blue sponge rollers are in good condition as wel as checking for nicks in the ridges towards the front of the clear jam removal guide plate...the large one that opens at an angle just above the folder/stapler unit. Paper catches in the nicks and slows down. I used to get lots of problems with these units until I turned off the productivity mode at the switcback unit, is that wht you meant by turning on the dip switch?

Custom Search