PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 skew tray 1 / trouble shooting clutches ?

Custom Search

fishleg
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Just had a nightmare on a bizhub 250 tray 1 was jamming all the time and skewing. So I replaced the feed tyres cleaned the bearings etc but it appears to skew or catch on something just as it comes out of the tray.

To me it looked like as if the paper just had'nt reached the registration roller then sometimes it would just to say get there enough for the registration to nip a corner. Its really wierd as its almost like a repeat cycle one comes out fine then the next is skewed and it just keeps repeating. If you listen you can hear it catch but for the life of me can I see where as there isnt alot between the feed tyres and registration. The mylars etc all looked fine nothing that I could see would cause that sorta skew especially since the tyres are brand new which made me think feed clutch.... also sometimes it would just jam as it came out of the tray just dead which again is making me think clutch.

Tray 2 works spot on no problems so it has to be either the feed unit itself or the feed clutch but its a hard one to pin down as some go through fine.

Just hoping for a second oppinion as after two hours I was really clutching at straws and I had to call it quits.

The clutch I looked at looked completely sealed can you open them up, does anyone know how ? The older ones you used to be able to take them appart and clean them up.

Thanks for any help.
Fishy

KEVIN900
02-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I had the same problem today, only on a di2510.Tray 1 skews & jams. I wiped down that clear plastic guide plate with the mylars. before the registration (or sync, for old school ) clutch. I also soaked with alcohol, then dried off with canned air, the registration clutch, WD-40'd the registration roller's bushings and cleaned the registration roller real good. And never forget the first step of all: Fresh Paper. Good luck Fishy

fishleg
02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Sorry forgive my stupidity I'm still learning what do you mean by soak the clutch in alchohol ? Do you leave it over night or just sorta work some in at the side etc. Dying to crow bar one open as they are a right pain in the bollocks being sealed.

KEVIN900
02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
No, not overnight. Just spritz, or spray some in there, spin it around, shake it off, then spray with canned air. Just ensure it's dry before you turn the machine back on.

PeterG
02-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Is it skewing before rego or after.

fishleg
02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Before the registration the first sheet feeds out fine then the next is skewed. You hear it catch just as comes out of the tray but every so often it stops dead coming out the tray like as if it hasnt been quick enough to reach the registration.

KEVIN900
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
One more thing to try, you can adjust the loop in tech rep.

lordqpa
02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
If skews are only in 1st tray, i'm affraid that problem is bushings on registration rollers. One bushing (near registration clutch) wipe away and rollers don't have equal pressure. Try reasembly and check it. Bushings are the same as Di351, 3510, bizhub 350.

SmellsHot
02-05-2010, 08:51 PM
If skews are only in 1st tray, i'm affraid that problem is bushings on registration rollers. One bushing (near registration clutch) wipe away and rollers don't have equal pressure. Try reasembly and check it. Bushings are the same as Di351, 3510, bizhub 350.

This is spot on!!!
Tray 1 skew, tray 2 works fine. Check registration bushings. More than likely one is stripped out!

Pinoy_Tech
02-07-2010, 04:44 AM
I faced similar case for 5 different machines, I fixed the problem from one way clutch located at pick-up & feed rollers. I scraped the shaft with rough emery paper (sideways). I observed that the nip of paper is late before registration that causes the loop to be shorter than needed. Additionally, I increased the tension for pick-up roller by changing the angle of spring that push the roller down during copying. Check also the condition of your dum unit, that might be tight. It also affect the speed of drive motor that causes also to change the timing of paper before registration, paper jam for sometime! This maybe a little help!!!

bsiap
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Replace the transporter clutch.
Clean the 2 little white one way clutch and the axis with sandpaper near the feed rollers.

fishleg
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Just a quick update. Again thanks massively for all your helps guys I checked everything but it turns out some how the mylar that goes from the bypass and guides the paper into the registration had became jammed under instead of over which is directly inline with tray 1. Tray 2 works as the paper is vertical when it reaches that section so it doesnt even touch it but when it comes from tray one its almost directly inline with the gap thats there hence the catching.

Someone slap me with a fish lol glad it wasnt too hard though :).

Custom Search