PDA

View Full Version : firmware upgrade bizhub 420

Custom Search

aleksander
02-06-2010, 03:37 AM
I try to upgrade bizhub 420 from ver 14 become 31 using ISWTrns. First, upgrade the boot program and continue with the MFP controller to ver 20. It works well. But i try to upgrade the MFP controller to ver 25. Firmware version change, but message "Please replace fusing unit" appear. I change the firmware become ver 31 and message "Please replace fusing unit" still appear. When I change the firmware to ver 20, message that replace fusing unit doesn't appear. No problem for copy function, but unable to print incoming fax. So, I change the firmware again to ver 14. No problem for copying and able to print incoming fax.
What's going on with bizhub 420?

Reason to upgrade the firmware is, bizhub 420 unable to detect original in 8,5" x 13". this size detected as A4 Lengthwise.

Any solution?

RRodgers
02-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Check your marketing area setting in tech mode.

aleksander
02-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Check your marketing area setting in tech mode.

I did. I set marketing area to europe. anything else? thank you for answering.

redhotrob
02-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Reset your fuser counter. It's not in the parts listing, but elseware in the service mode. This was newly added to the machine as part of the firmware upgrade.

aleksander
02-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Reset your fuser counter. It's not in the parts listing, but elseware in the service mode. This was newly added to the machine as part of the firmware upgrade.

Thank you. But I try to change the OACB and upgrade the firmware again to ver 31 and it works well. No "Please Replace the fusing unit" message appear. When I watch the OACB carefully, bizhub 420 has different OACB with another bizhub 420. OACB with 2 memory slot is able to upgrade to ver 31 with no "replace fusing" message. Different with OACB with only 1 memory slot.
I don't know why bizhub 420 has 2 different OACB?

Downunder
02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
All you need to do is update firmware to ver31, Reason for ver 31 was fix for "replace fuser"
"
" Go into techrep mode, look for counterdata. Two tabs should come up Drum Clear and Fuser Clear. Highlight the one you want and press start button. Fixed.

aleksander
02-10-2010, 08:45 AM
All you need to do is update firmware to ver31, Reason for ver 31 was fix for "replace fuser"
"
" Go into techrep mode, look for counterdata. Two tabs should come up Drum Clear and Fuser Clear. Highlight the one you want and press start button. Fixed.

Thank you for your information. Other problem is the NVRAM. When I entering the service mode and do some setting for Fuser clear, and exit from Service mode. The IP address and address for scan function has lost. So, I must set the IP address and one-touch destination for scan. And I replace the NVRAM, it works well. No IP lost again.
Thanks

Custom Search