PDA

View Full Version : KM C650x - C550x errors C-3102, C3101

Custom Search

sbillis
02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Hello there,

this winter we have several calls for C-3102 and C-3101 at C6500, C6501, C5500 and C5501.
The solution in some cases is different. Some cases replacing fixing gears can work and some cases replacing CDB or fixing motor will fix our problem

Do you have same issue? I think something with humidity and temp.
Does anyone have any idea what is the cause of this issue?

thanks in advance

Stirton.M
02-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Description
C-3101 (C3101).
Solution
CAUSE: Drive is lost to fuser.
SOLUTION:Parts that may require replacement:
Broken fuser drive gear /B 28T (p/n A03U808201)
Failedfuser drive motor M29 (p/n 27LA 8003 2E)
Failed CVB (p/n A03U H050 04)

We replaced the transmission assemblies to all our 6500 machines...was originally a replacement program that contained modified gears (metal one inside instead of a plastic one).

Check the timing adjustments like restart timing and conveyance timings. Also this may depend on duplex vs simplex printing or face down/face up printing. There might be a relation to this.

Check on the fuser exit itself for the exit roller pinch. Depending on what you are pushing though, the pinch may be adjusted too much or too little.

You can also try swapping the fusing unit if you have a spare one available. We keep a couple spares specifically for the purpose of PM cycles...much easier to rebuild one when it is cold...and for situations like this, to eliminate the fusing unit.

And of course, though you mentioned it, replace the CDB as there may be an intermittent present on the board itself. Check the harness connections thoroughly too.

sbillis
02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
thank you for your reply and for your all info.
I have some question more please.

We replaced the transmission assemblies to all our 6500 machines...was originally a replacement program that contained modified gears (metal one inside instead of a plastic one).
Do you have any part numbers of the metal ones?

Check on the fuser exit itself for the exit roller pinch. Depending on what you are pushing though, the pinch may be adjusted too much or too little
What do you mean with pinch and how can I adjust this? Is mentioned in Field Service Manual?

You can also try swapping the fusing unit if you have a spare one available. We keep a couple spares specifically for the purpose of PM cycles...much easier to rebuild one when it is cold...and for situations like this, to eliminate the fusing unit.
Our company doesnt leave at cmr premises spare fusing unit...

And of course, though you mentioned it, replace the CDB as there may be an intermittent present on the board itself. Check the harness connections thoroughly too.
In some cases we have replace CDB but nothing change.

Also yesterday I was waching temp/hum sensors and C-3102 appear ! Also I try to run Auto Gamma and then also C-3102 appear.

In second case of running Auto Gamma sound logic to appear this code because fixing unit was running, but when I was watching temp and humidity why?

thanks again.

kmcopier
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Replace the three one way gears in the fusing unit

Stirton.M
02-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Solution ID TAUS0701662EN* Solution Usage 57
Description
C-3102 (C3102) code possibly accompanied by an abnormal noise.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1.One of the gears in the fusing unit gearboxfails. The shaft for fusing unit gear/H has been changed so that it is now supported at both ends instead of just
one end. The gear is now made of a stronger material.
The new design has been incorporated into all bizhub PRO C6500 machines beginning with s/n A03U0000787. A replacement gearbox is available for
machines with lower serial numbers. For the machines with serial numbers between A03U010000788 and A03U010001446 the fuser gearbox is already
updated and only fusing gear /H (p/n A03U808811) needs to be replaced.
Note :See attached Bulletin Number5923.This only applies to bizhub PRO C6500. All other models have the new style. To viewthe PDF, Adobe Reader®
must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) .
2. The machine cannot determine the separation cam home position.
Check the following items PS16 (p/n 08AA 8551 2) and Release Actuator flag (p/n A03U 7244 00). Make sure when the fuser jam release green knob is
turned counterclockwise, the Release Actuator flag (p/n A03U 7244 00) blocks and unblocks PS16/PS17. Check to see if the sensor is disconnected. If
turning the Fuser Jam removal Knob does not change the position of the Release Actuator flag, then check the drive gears associated withM30 (p/n 27LA
8003 0) for broken or stripped drive gears andreplace them if damaged.
3. A one-way gear (p/n A03U 8093 00) is slipping in the fixing drive assembly.
Replace the (3) fixing drive gears with the modifiedFixing Drive Gear/M 22T (p/n A03U 8093 11) andthe fixing drive shaft/A (p/n A03U725800).
Please refer to the attached Parts Modification Notices for details. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for
free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) .
4. Failed fixing limiter.
Replace fixing limiter (p/n 65AA53651).
5. Failed ICP14 on Conveyance Drive Board
Replace Conveyance Drive Board (p/n A03U H050 04).

Stirton.M
02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
The previous post I think does contain the information about the metal gear I spoke of. Unfortunately at the time of this response, the web knowledgebase I use is having some problems and the search tool is not working, so I cannot find the specific document. Perhaps someone else may have a source to verify this. There used to be a replacement program from KMBS but that is no longer the case, the program has ended. But as I recall, the above 3102 TSB covers the parts needed for the modified transmission.

The fuser exit rollers are the light grey painted rollers on the exit of the fuser itself. There is a slider mechanism that when slid forward or towards the rear, will adjust the pinch of the roller. Primarily it is there to deal with what is called a waxing effect where the rollers physically leave an impression in the soft toner on thick stocks. Reducing the pinch for thick stock reduces this. However, when doing thin stock, especially letter size paper, jamming can occur if the pinch is not engaged since there is no physical contact to drive the paper to the next conveyance rollers when doing duplex or face down printing.

The slider can be found on the left side door of the fusing unit itself, near the front. Normal operation is in the middle.

Replacing the CDB is just one of many troubleshooting steps, it is not the end all to this.

The 3102 code you encountered has nothing to do with temperature and humidity. It is a code related to the failure of the fuser conveyance. Gamma correction is also unrelated because gamma correction is image related, not conveyance related.

I highly suspect that you are encountering this code because of some kind of failure related to the fusing unit itself, again related to the movement of the fuser, which usually is in motion during many test modes of the main body components. Check all the connectors to ensure they are seated properly. The previous document relates to what to check and replace related specifically to fuser pressure roller.

We do not leave fusers at the customers either. We have spares at the shop that we rebuild during slow periods. This is simply our own initiative, not the norm, and is also a part of our troubleshooting regarding fusing unit related errors that are not so obvious...it is part of the elimination process, as some fuser related codes can be caused in other areas, such as the CDB, a bad conveyance clutch or motor or simply timing adjustments that are out of the normal range.

dagoof
11-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Just in interest of adding to the wealth of knowledge on the forum, I'm getting a 3101 when trying to print files directly off the Fiery today (jams sheets under M5 and gives 3101), however, it's completely fine when sending the files through to the rip from another system :confused:

I can't figure out why this would happen! Driver corruption?
Not a big problem for me, but it might help someone else in future.

minimerlin
11-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Just in interest of adding to the wealth of knowledge on the forum, I'm getting a 3101 when trying to print files directly off the Fiery today (jams sheets under M5 and gives 3101), however, it's completely fine when sending the files through to the rip from another system :confused:

I can't figure out why this would happen! Driver corruption?
Not a big problem for me, but it might help someone else in future.Paper sizes? Just a thought as the transport jam usually is caused by the wrong size paper feeding.

dagoof
11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
How's it going Merlin? Might have spoke too soon, it's getting 3101/3203 when sending files through from windows machine today. Weird that it worked straight off the windows machine yesterday though, same files, same stock.
Size setup is fine - not so sure it's the fuser, as that's just been rebuilt a few weeks back.

Texers
03-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Replace the three one way gears in the fusing unit

also you may want to replace 1 way gear in the paper exit assy..
PN: A03U909502

eventually try cleaning the shaft that this gear sits on.

hope this helps

dagoof
03-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Turns out it was indeed the one-ways on my machine.

RRodgers
03-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Usually is the one ways on these. Sometimes it's a bad torque limiter that sits on the bottom of the machine as well. Glad you got it sorted.

dagoof
03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks - I believe there's also a sensor under the gears that's worth trying to clean (PS16 IIRC?), but less likely.

Custom Search