PDA

View Full Version : kyocera boy needs Konica's help

Custom Search

Doedee316
02-09-2010, 10:56 PM
We have a km-2230 that is printing really wierd. Out of 100, we will have 10 prints that right in the middle of page it will drop all colors except one for the rest of the page and then it will be fine for a while and then come back. Please email at craigd@cbp-sd.com. I am pulling my hair out on this one.

Doedee316

Stirton.M
02-10-2010, 05:36 AM
This machine is a similar model to the C350 series machine. Obsolete by our standards (not official, but from a tech point of view).

That said, the HV board may be primarily at fault, failing, either HV1 or HV2. However, things to check....

Check the bias connections from the HV board to the transfer belt. We have removed the HV boards on all these models and physically soldered a star type lock washer to the backside of the board where the board makes physical contact to the tin conductors that go to the belt unit.

Check the second transfer/horizontal unit. Check the physical connections of all metal to metal tabs. If I recall, there is a varistor in there...make sure it is also making full circuit connection.

The print head can also be at fault here. Check the ground connects for full contact...use star washers. Shielding of cable from print head should also be checked.

MFPB may be failing.

mrwho
02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Found this one, don't know if it applies to your case, but it's worth checking:

DESCRIPTION: One or more colors, usually cyan or magenta, drop out intermittently from front-to-rear during copying or printing.

CAUSE: A failed PWB-MFP.

SOLUTION: Replace PWB-MFP (p/n 4036780301).

Be aware that this part number might not be compatible with your machine - you should compare a Konica parts manual with the one you got.

Custom Search