PDA

View Full Version : BIzHub C353 Stays logged in after recieving a fax

Custom Search

cpyfixer
02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
This machine was installed about a month ago. The customer is using the Account Track on board authentication function. On some mornings they come into the office and find the machine logged in and ready to copy instead of being at the log in screen. It seems that this happens anytime they recieve a fax overnight. I have not been to the machine yet to check anything. The sales guy is just asking for help figuring this out. He has logged in as a user and waited to see the machine return to the log in screen, and it does log the user out and put up the log in screen after 2 minutes.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

BIG PAPA
02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I would double check what is actually "logged in" Is it just at the fax screen? Are you using account track, or User Authentication? Different monsters. Either way incoming faxes should not change the display to be logged in.

knpgazem
02-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Check the Power Save settings

Administrator Settings>System Settings>Power Settings - Enter Power Save Mode = Immediately

This will allow the machine to time-out after the predetermined time (240 etc), but also receive any incoming faxes (during time-out) and then immediately time-out again.

I have never seen this not work, but am yet to be proven wrong

cpyfixer
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
knpgazem, we changed the settings as you described and our customer reports that the problem is solved. THANK YOU!

Custom Search