PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350, PDF error.

Custom Search

Hansoon
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Bizhub 350, PDF error.

Machine is basically working OK. However, when printing multiple page PDF's it gives following error on the 2nd page. Same document prints fine on other MFP's such as Di-450 with a Fiery.

The driver is the latest and greatest PS WHQL from KonicaMinolta. Since customers IT-People insist on using this certified driver ("certified") I don't want to have to convince them to use other drivers. (That's why I didn't test yet older or other drivers such as PCL)

Ever seen this before?

Hans

emujo
02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Post Script error..is the jpg an image downloaded from the web? Sounds like the driver just can't process some part of the image. If you're using the ps driver, try selecting the "print as image" check box. Of course the MFP must be updated to latest f/w levels if not already accomplished. Emujo

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
02-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Bizhub 350, PDF error.

Machine is basically working OK. However, when printing multiple page PDF's it gives following error on the 2nd page. Same document prints fine on other MFP's such as Di-450 with a Fiery.

The driver is the latest and greatest PS WHQL from KonicaMinolta. Since customers IT-People insist on using this certified driver ("certified") I don't want to have to convince them to use other drivers. (That's why I didn't test yet older or other drivers such as PCL)

Ever seen this before?

Hans

1st is firmware up to date
2ed konica 350 combadable w/ DI2010-3010-3510

knpgazem
02-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I concurr. this looks like an error with the original image. try another 'multi-page' pdf, it might just be that particular file.

Otherwise attach your laptop/pc to the cust's BZ250 (disconnect it from their network completely) and print using other drivers (PCL/PS). the customer just may have to use a non WHQL driver.

TheOwl
02-14-2010, 10:29 PM
The problem is with the fonts. There are a couple of things that you can do to try and combat this type of fault:

1. Turn off 'Font Subsitution' in the driver and set the fonts to 'Download as Bitmap'. This will send the fonts in the document with the print job every time.

2. Turn off 'Postscript Passthrough' in the driver. This will stop the comput / server from trying to render most of the job and allow the copier to deal with the PS code itself.

3. Turn on 'Print as Image' from with in Adobe reader. This will created simplified bitmap screen shots of each page and send the bitmap to the printer which the machine can understand.

Try these one at a time and let us know how you go.

Custom Search