PDA

View Full Version : How to Restore Factory Defaults in Konica 7145

Custom Search

eurosears
02-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Hi,

My dad was trying to fix my Konica 7145 and he ran in 47 mode code 93. Basically he reset the copier settings and I don't know what to enter to get it working again. Can someone please give me a list of all the things I need to enter and how to get this copier working again>? Thank you.

Imagetech
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Try this...it sounds like he did what we used to call a "Mind Meld" and restored only part of the settings. The other sections being reset should be all it needs. Give it a try and let me know if it works. If I come up with something else I'll post.

Description

How to reset the machine, initialize memory to factory defaults.

Solution

To reset memory to factory defaults, perform the following:
1. Enter the 25 mode (power the machine ON, while pressing the 2 and 5 keys).
2. Select Software SW.
3. Using the up/down arrows, scroll to address 3-4 (All Memory Reset).
4. Select OFF.
5. Power the machine OFF.
6. Enter the 47 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 4 and 7 keys).
7. Enter 9, 2, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
8. Enter 0, 9, 6, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
9. Enter 0, 9, 3, and press the START key.
10. Power the machine OFF/ON.
Note: When the memory board is initialized, all data is deleted.

eurosears
02-16-2010, 12:51 AM
I did exactly what you stated and now I have the following every time I turn on the copier (even if I go to mode 36 and do L detect): "Please adjust L detection". I am unable to do any copies.
However, before doing what you mentioned when I was going to do L detect the value was 255, now its at 44. I should mention that my sensor on the developer is damaged (cracked) and will have to be replaced (this is why the value is below 60). However, before the factory reset even though it was damaged I was still able to do L detect and make copies once I entered the copy mode ( until the printer was turned off or jammed). SO what's with the "Please adjust L detection" even after L detect.

Also, whenever I click on anything on the display I don't hear the sound (I was able to hear it before, is it turned off). Is the sound turned off as default.

Imagetech
02-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Sorry about that...I've honestly never seen the machine ask for an L-detection usually it just throws 26-3 codes. I have the Konica solutions on my other laptop and I'll be getting back to you shortly as to how to correct that problem. The key click sounds were probably defaulted off. Some machines come from the factory on some off...it's been so long since I've done an out of the box set up on a 7145 I can't remember how that was. Easy enough, though, you should be able to go into the key operator mode and turn it back on (just touch the Help key and there should be a tab at the bottom for key operator mode and once in there I believe it's under software switches). I'll be getting back to you shortly on the L-detect problem.

selig67
02-16-2010, 06:43 PM
yeah, I get the L detect also when re-setting.. you just need to replace the developer and run an L-detect, that should take care of the problem, unless the cracked sensor is going to give you some problems

eurosears
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Once you did the L detect in menu 36 did the message disappear and were you able to go into the copy mode ?
Its wierd that I am unable to just do the L detect in menu 36 and go into the copy mode without having this message appear. I was able to do it before.

eurosears
03-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Selig67, once you turned off the copier and on and went to menu 36 and did the L-detect did it take care of it?

smiley
03-01-2010, 06:33 PM
hi guys go to 25 next sw look for 16-3 turn it 0 and off and on the machine.that note will disapeare.

eurosears
03-04-2010, 04:18 AM
That works great. Thank you. I don't even have to replace my damaged TDS.
Can you please tell me how to turn on the sound (so I can hear when I click on the buttons)?

smiley
03-04-2010, 05:12 AM
hold help button and power on look for memory switch.

eurosears
03-04-2010, 06:27 AM
It works now, thank you

pepper38_cnd
03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
That works great. Thank you. I don't even have to replace my damaged TDS.
Can you please tell me how to turn on the sound (so I can hear when I click on the buttons)?

If you know you have a bad Toner Density Sensor, do yourself, your customer and your Dealership a big favor and replace it. Does F-26 ring a bell?

eurosears
03-04-2010, 10:46 PM
If you know you have a bad Toner Density Sensor, do yourself, your customer and your Dealership a big favor and replace it. Does F-26 ring a bell?

I am not a dealer, I don't have any customers. The copier works fine with the damaged sensor so no reason to spend more money if the copier works fine. I will get it once I have a problem.

BTW you can turn off the F26-3 error, read above.

fishleg
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
What does switch 16-3 actually do ? I know 3-7 turns the td sensor off but never heard of 16-3 before.

Cheers,
Mike

eurosears
03-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Well I have a cracked TDS sensor so after doing a Factory Reset of the copier I had a message that I needed to adjust the TDS sensor even after doing the L-detect.
The 16-3 took care of that message and, even better, now I don't have to do L-detect every time I get a jam or turn off/on the copier.

smiley
03-06-2010, 01:26 PM
16-3 trurns off the L detection and 3-7 turns off all error code.

pepper38_cnd
03-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Well this is really good information! So lets recap: He has a machine with a known bad TDS sensor, to make the machine continue to work he has Turned L detect OFF, and disabled ERROR CODE DISPLAY. So now he has a machine with no Toner Control that will continue to run without displaying any warnings. And he thinks this is a good thing!

Let me predict the results: In about 5000 copies his transfer corona will be filled with toner and developer, Toner and dev will be leaking into both paper trays, his drum and blade will be shot from the abrasion of pulling dev. and the fuser will need rebuilding as well. OH he will also have to brake down and replace the TDS and Developer, or just throw the machine away!

smiley
03-06-2010, 01:56 PM
hahaha that will realy happen to that machine. you want to make it work, even you know that there some parts that need to be replace and time will come evrything will get worse.hehe please dont blame me im just want to answer there question.

eurosears
03-08-2010, 05:09 AM
hi guys go to 25 next sw look for 16-3 turn it 0 and off and on the machine.that note will disapeare.

So, I am planning to replace the TDS sensor. Once I replace the TDS sensor, clean the developing unit, add developer and go into mode 36 to do the L-detect do I need to do anything in order not to get the "Please adjust L detection" message deleted or should it not occur once the L-detection is done?

jimmykhattak
12-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I have the same problem.I change The developer,but not new..and i want the old but good conditioned developer to could work.Because we are dealing with 2nd user machines..so any other solution for that without change the Developer please?

earthOO7
03-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Try this...it sounds like he did what we used to call a "Mind Meld" and restored only part of the settings. The other sections being reset should be all it needs. Give it a try and let me know if it works. If I come up with something else I'll post.

Description

How to reset the machine, initialize memory to factory defaults.

Solution

To reset memory to factory defaults, perform the following:
1. Enter the 25 mode (power the machine ON, while pressing the 2 and 5 keys).
2. Select Software SW.
3. Using the up/down arrows, scroll to address 3-4 (All Memory Reset).
4. Select OFF.
5. Power the machine OFF.
6. Enter the 47 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 4 and 7 keys).
7. Enter 9, 2, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
8. Enter 0, 9, 6, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
9. Enter 0, 9, 3, and press the START key.
10. Power the machine OFF/ON.
Note: When the memory board is initialized, all data is deleted.

hello sir... isnt that 47-92 is over-all reset? i just want to know, what is the use of 0.9.6 and 0.9.3...
another question sir... when i did the 47-92... the machine counter stop counting...

Custom Search