PDA

View Full Version : Low res result from high res BH C500

Custom Search

imranchanna
02-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi all!
i have been using Bizhub c500.
I am facing a strange problem.
I tried to get print from a very high res file (illusrator format)
most of the graphics are in vector and high resolution.
But when print came, it seems from a low res file.
Graphics and text, even vectors are pixelated.
Please somebody, tell me what could be the cause.
Help me..

TheOwl
02-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Is the file an EPS (Encapsulated Postscript) file?

imranchanna
02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
no! Ai format, it is

imranchanna
02-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I also tried to get print, converting into pdf format.

Stirton.M
02-17-2010, 06:46 AM
You didn't mention what version of Fiery controller you are using, or the system code level. Printer driver is also important. The general rule of thumb for the driver is to only use the driver that can be downloaded directly from the web interface to ensure the correct driver and version is used.

I looked through all the TSBs on the various controllers available for this model. If you are using the IP-921, the following TSB may be applicable...

Solution ID TAUS0651818EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
Gradient images from Adobe* Illustrator versions 9 or 10 are not being rendered correctly on an 8050/C500 with an IP921.
Solution
CAUSE: Known issue with version 1.1 system code on the IP921.
SOLUTION: Apply Fiery patch 1-JQUJH (file name x3e50ck_pt1jqujhs1.exe). This patch will resolve the issues with Illustrator. This patch will in some cases
cause an issue with PDF printing. If PostScript* errors are generated when printing some PDFs, also apply Fiery patch 1-JXAKD (file name x3e50ck_pt1jxakds1.exe).

In some cases, doing a server clear may resolve the issue...it will erase the queue...might be a fragmentation problem which can be resolved this way.

Or simply reinstall system code for the fiery.

imranchanna
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Dear! I have been using Fiery X3e 50C-k v1.0
Driver version is 5.2.3790.122
User interface 2.0.239.2

I am new with this machine.
I'll call service man for this.
Any other tip?

hachetman
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
you might try setting the firey back to factory defaults then do a color cal.

Stirton.M
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
you might try setting the firey back to factory defaults then do a color cal.

I agree.

As for the Fiery, all have a similar number you have. See attached document for a sample of the basic controllers. Is yours the embedded type or is it IC405 or IC302? It is possible you have one of the other types of controllers, though I have my doubts...those are geared towards similar models to the C500.

Ensure you download the driver from your fiery. Do not use any driver downloaded from the net, aside from version 1.0, which you said was the version of system code on the controller you are using. You can download the driver through the web interface, which is preferable.

But you mentioned getting a service tech to look...that is a good plan. Hopefully you get one that knows the machine and more to the point, the fiery controllers. Depending on the type of controller you have, there are system code updates. Be prepared to be charged for this update if you want it. Generally it is recommended to update because of changes in graphics design programs.

imranchanna
02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Is IP-901 controller compatible with C500 pro?
What are the differences using bizhub pro using with or without controller?
Please tell me. Because my tech is giving me IP-901 controller for this machine.
Remember! I have purchased a used machine and i was doing work without controller.
I was just using my regular computer for this machine.

Stirton.M
02-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Is IP-901 controller compatible with C500 pro?
What are the differences using bizhub pro using with or without controller?
Please tell me. Because my tech is giving me IP-901 controller for this machine.
Remember! I have purchased a used machine and i was doing work without controller.
I was just using my regular computer for this machine.

they are compatible, though the option table does not show that controller. I doubt you will have problems.

In fact, to answer your question about the differences, you are far far better off with the Fiery over the internal.

Colour accuracy is the primary benefit. Be sure to obtain a calibration device for that controller. It will allow you to calibrate the unit on an as needed basis to ensure your pantone accuracy, if that is of concern. You can also create colour output profiles that will allow you to adjust for colour changes from previous jobs. For example, you printed a business card on a different machine 6 months ago that has a certain shade of red. You print it again on the C500, but that shade of red is just a little orange, in spite of calibration. The orange is most likely the correct colour, the other machine from 6 months ago wasn't set properly or had a limited colour table. You could create an output profile to increase magenta an additional 10% to adjust the orange towards red JUST for that job. All other prints will use the default profile, unless you specifically direct in the driver (or CWS) to use a different profile. It gets pretty complicated, but suffice to say, you get a superior product with a Fiery controller in the mix.

The fiery controller also allows you to use Command Workstation, a program you install on any PC, which when configured properly, will allow you to connect to the Fiery print queue and reprint a previously printed job, change the parameters of the print instruction, send to the hold queue for semi-permanent storage of the file just to name a few.

Coptech
02-20-2010, 01:43 PM
O agree rith the IP901 comments. The IP901 came with the 8050 which was the predecessor to th C500. I believe that the Fiery number is actually S300? I sure don't know why it would not work. I don't think there were any significant changes between the 8050 and the C500 other than attempts to improve paper feed.

I seem to recall that it was common to add machine memory when connection the IP901. You may ask if there is any chance that your tech would have extra memory from the machine he has taken the IP901 from.

I have no real experience with the C500 but quite a bit with the 8050 with an IP901. If there are more differences than what I mentioned, I am sure someone will add them here.

Custom Search