PDA

View Full Version : 420 fuser same as 500 fuser??

Custom Search

SmellsHot
02-16-2010, 10:30 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has replaced an entire fusing unit on a 420 with a 500 fusing unit or the other way around. Also wondering if anyone has replaced a 750 fusing unit with a 600 fusing unit. Just curious if they work even though the UFR has a different part number in parts manual.
Thanks for any input you have

KEVIN900
02-16-2010, 10:59 PM
The biz 420 & 500 are different, as well, the biz600 & 750 are different. I'd give you the part numbers, if I wasn't so ignorant with geography, and knew where Sault Ste Marie was.

Kmdurrin
02-16-2010, 11:02 PM
They are pretty much the same unit. The UFR is different, but most other parts are a cross.

SmellsHot
02-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Im sorry, I should've been a little bit more clearer on what I was asking. I know that the part numbers are different for the fusers on both the 420 & 500 and also the 600 & 750. I was just wondering if someone may have ever tried putting in the different fuser to see if it works. I'm wondering this because I have rebuilt 420/600 fusers and I do have some 500/750's in the field and when the time came if I could just throw in a new fuser. Saves time at call and I can just rebuild the old fuser in my down time.

Downunder
02-17-2010, 08:20 AM
the 420 and the 500 are different. You will get some error codes.

different size fuser rollers I suspect.

SmellsHot
02-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Answered my own question for the 420/500 fusers. I put a 500 fuser into a 420 and it WORKED! Copies looked fine, no smearing, no error codes. I ran 500 through and let the machine sit for a lil while also. Thanks for the responses

Pinoy_Tech
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I faced problem with Ineo600 few weeks ago and I tried to swapped each and every section of the machine from 600 to 750 & other way around. Your question if the fusing unit will work for both models, yes it is. All parts are exactly the same for both machines except system control board, image control board, and printer control board (program for speed only, all connectors are the same). The rest of the parts are 100%identical (except for Japanese version). You can swap also those mentioned boards at the same time from ineo600 to 750, provided that you will remove the jumper of printer controller board at CN209 pin 5 & 6, while if you will swap the board from 750 to 600, you have to short those pin 5&6 at the same CN209.

Pinoy_Electronics_Moderator

tech51
02-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Answered my own question for the 420/500 fusers. I put a 500 fuser into a 420 and it WORKED! Copies looked fine, no smearing, no error codes. I ran 500 through and let the machine sit for a lil while also. Thanks for the responses

Sorry to pour cold water on this but you will end up getting error codes if you put the wrong fuser in. The upper rollers are different but the codes don`t always appear straight away. I had a tech put a 500 upper into a 420 and it ran for a few days and then coded up. I chased this fault on and off for a week before I realised he had booked out a 420 roller on the call but had actually fitted a 500 type.
As a general note wherever fixer units are concerned you are treading on very dodgy ground when it comes to health and safety. If there was an incident with the machine and it was discovered the wrong rollers where in it you would be wide open to litigation. Not really worth it to save a bit of time.

SmellsHot
02-18-2010, 02:38 AM
Sorry to pour cold water on this but you will end up getting error codes if you put the wrong fuser in. The upper rollers are different but the codes don`t always appear straight away. I had a tech put a 500 upper into a 420 and it ran for a few days and then coded up. I chased this fault on and off for a week before I realised he had booked out a 420 roller on the call but had actually fitted a 500 type.
As a general note wherever fixer units are concerned you are treading on very dodgy ground when it comes to health and safety. If there was an incident with the machine and it was discovered the wrong rollers where in it you would be wide open to litigation. Not really worth it to save a bit of time.

Thanks for the info.....I'm not trying to sound rude, but swapping out a whole fixing assy between the mentioned models shouldn't cause health and safety concerns, because the sensors are still gonna blow codes if abnormal temps are reached.....I do appreciate your reply though. In your case how did you finally find out that the incorrect UFR was used? And did you just replace with the correct UFR to solve the problem?

jeroen2005
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
The UFR from the 420 is lighter in weight than that from the UFR 500.
Interchanging them will result in C-38xx codes.
Same with the 600/750 series.
The caoting wil come off.

Kmdurrin
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info.....I'm not trying to sound rude, but swapping out a whole fixing assy between the mentioned models shouldn't cause health and safety concerns, because the sensors are still gonna blow codes if abnormal temps are reached.....I do appreciate your reply though. In your case how did you finally find out that the incorrect UFR was used? And did you just replace with the correct UFR to solve the problem?

Just swap the UFRs before you do the switch. I made a rebuild kit for the other techs in my office to take out for both these machines, and the UFR is the only part that wont cross. The base frame of the unit, and all the other related parts are useable in both machines... I've done it before with no problems.

tech51
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Had to stock take the techs car soon found the error. As for health and safety I would never trust sensors or thermostats to work properly. Over the years I`ve seen fusers melt down but the thermostats have remained in circuit and not blown as they are meant to. I wasn`t being alarmist but in my experience (more years than i care to think about) I`ve seen so many "odd" things happen I now prefer to play everything by the book. That way if anything does happen it`s not my fault!!! Happy mending.. Tech51

Custom Search