PDA

View Full Version : CF3102 Key Counter Wiring???

Custom Search

300EVIL
02-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Anyone happen to know where I can find the enable interlock loop for the key counter function on the KM 3102? I'm trying to install a key counter and found the service setting for it but cannot figure out what I need to jumper to enable the copier. I looked all over the SM and cannot find any info on it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
EVIL

Stirton.M
02-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Solution ID TAUS0628524EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
Where is the Key Counter connection?
Solution
The connector for the Key Counter is CN30 on the PWB-G board of the CF3102

Description
What is needed to connect the Equitrac* PageCounter 100 or 300?
Solution
The correct key counter mounting kit used with the Equitrac key counter devices is (Item #4623481). The correct copier interface cable is included in the kit.

There is a TAUS code, but unfortunately the site that allows me to look up the information is having yet another hissy fit and refuses to pull up the document.

TAUS0645943EN details on how to connect up a key device, though which one I cannot say.

300EVIL
02-17-2010, 05:29 PM
The connector for the Key Counter is CN30 on the PWB-G board of the CF3102

Thanks Stirton!
That was just the info I was looking for. Unfortunately, looks like it's a 9 pin serial interface that has to be connected to another board to send and receive I/O signals. Does anyone happen to know where I might obtain this board?
Thanks Again!

oldschool
02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
There is a four wire interface set up. I have seen CF2002/CF3102 key counter cable installation guide but if I remember correctly there was an issue of starting a copy job then removing the key counter and the copy job would finish the remainder of the entire copy job. I may be able to find the PDF but I don't think it has the pin-outs on it. You'd have to use your meter to test for the 5VDC line and the ground line. That's usually the enable line. If you PM me your Konica-Minolta email address I could send it to you. We build vending devices for that copier that allow different pricing for color vs. black and white using the vendor 1 interface. Your salesmen can find the Jamex 6557 in his KM price book.

Stirton.M
02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Hmmm...now that my TSB search utility is working again, seems there is no further documentation regarding the hookup of the counter. The documentation I have refers to the install instructions that would come with the counter.

Sorry I cannot give you more detail than this...

oldschool
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I believe that is the same documentation I have. It refers to where the cable connects but not any pin outs.

Custom Search