PDA

View Full Version : A question about the KM C6500 Series.

Custom Search

copytechman
02-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Hello all, I'd like to know if anyone has had any hand on experience with the C6500 and its Ikon equivalent (CPP650). If so, what are the differences between the machines? Toner? Dev? Parts and PM kits? Please let me know!

Thanks very much!
A.

Stirton.M
02-17-2010, 11:07 PM
There are no differences aside from the proprietary interface logo and drivers. PM kit and all parts are identical. There are some modified parts for the PF 601 (large tray paper feed unit) that the 6501 machine has on the PF602, involves changing out the plastic paper guides (front and rear) along with the metal frame of the feed unit itself, Ikon may or may not have this modification in place, though it is not necessary to modify just because. Only when those guides are broken, cannot get the original part...new part number for them. All tires are identical. Firmware I am not sure, though I suspect there might be proprietary differences...again LOGO related. Otherwise, same machine.

copytechman
02-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Thnaks for the feedback, funny you should say that because I heard from someone else that only the accessories are identical and the main body had/has some significant differences (besides branding) very interesting indeed... Thanks for all of your help.

Many Regards
A.

Stirton.M
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
There are differences small differences from what I have surmised. But the drums, dev units, developer, transfer belt, fuser, rollers, clutches and so on are identical, at least from my brief look at one a while back.

Albonline
02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
toner tubes, and boards/firmware are different. we were asked to take over service on a group of the ikon 6500s and after investigating cost to change them over to konica supplies had to pass.

dljorg
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Actually KM sells to its OEM's a "generic" version of the C6500 with no badge. Everything in the main body is the same - Software DIP Switches take care of the logos.

Custom Search