PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 420 (again). Help...

Custom Search

aleksander
02-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi all,
one more problem in bizhub 420 (again... and again).
When I was scanning document (using FTP mode at around 20 sheet using ADF) and someone printing a document from PC at the same time, the bizhub 420 goes hang. So, I must restart the copier and let a user finishing print some document. Then I repeat scanning document again.
What happened with my bizhub 420? Anyone can give me solutions? Help...

Different with bizhub 350/250. I can do print document and scanning document at the same time.

Thank you

gerhardd
02-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Do you have a hdd in? Normally it is a memory problem that happens when you do not have a hdd. And do you have a Fax on?

aleksander
02-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Do you have a hdd in? Normally it is a memory problem that happens when you do not have a hdd. And do you have a Fax on?

My bizhub 420 included with IC-204 and FK-502, No HDD. I used this machine as copier, printer, scanner and fax. No problem last week. I always use printer and scanner function at the same time. But today I cannot do that because of hang/no responding until I restart the machine.
Any solution?
Thank you.

JOHNNY1976
02-18-2010, 08:00 AM
you must upgrade the firmware

gerhardd
02-18-2010, 08:04 AM
The hdd is going to sort the problem, whe have the same problems here if we run all your options on your 420 without hdd.

aleksander
02-18-2010, 08:46 AM
you must upgrade the firmware
The firmware version is 31.

aleksander
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
The hdd is going to sort the problem, whe have the same problems here if we run all your options on your 420 without hdd.

last week, my 420 working properly for printer and scanner function with no HDD. I mean, I can use to print and scan document at the same time. I don't need to wait someone finishing printing document then I could do scanning document. The problem is my 420 cannot doing printer & scanner at the same time.

copytechman
02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Try (if u can get it) v31 GUP... it was released to address machine lockup issues..
From the readme:

[MFP Ver.31-GUP]Modification for MFP locks up by Scan to SMB + large job printing,
Separator page is printed out in different tray and, Display of LDAP Search button

Regards!
A.

Edit: Yes I know its not scan to ftp, but still may be worth a shot.

RichMac
02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
We had similar scanning issues with a Konica 601 B&W. HDD fixed the scanning lockup problems.

aleksander
02-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Try (if u can get it) v31 GUP... it was released to address machine lockup issues..
From the readme:

[MFP Ver.31-GUP]Modification for MFP locks up by Scan to SMB + large job printing,
Separator page is printed out in different tray and, Display of LDAP Search button

Regards!
A.

Edit: Yes I know its not scan to ftp, but still may be worth a shot.

So, you mean I should upgrade the firmware to ver 31 GUP? and is it for SMB only, not FTP? Then I should change the network configuration. But last week no problem with scan to FTP and printing at the same time.
How could I have the firmware?
Thank you.

aleksander
02-19-2010, 02:06 AM
We had similar scanning issues with a Konica 601 B&W. HDD fixed the scanning lockup problems.

So, are you assured that HDD can fix the scanning problem? Thank you.

jdallagrana
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
has this issue been fixed?

Are they printing PDF, If so you may need to "print after spooling" in driver.

aleksander
03-04-2010, 02:32 AM
has this issue been fixed?

Are they printing PDF, If so you may need to "print after spooling" in driver.

Not yet until now. Not only PDF, but any file type like : .doc., xls, .ppt and other else.

pepper38_cnd
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Scanning is very limited without the HDD more so if the fax is installed. Yes by your description I would think the Hard Drive will solve your issue.

stevelz
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
The reason it worked one week and not the next may be the diffrence in the file size. The copier can do both but limitly. if you have too much data being sent to it and not enough memory then it will lock. Thats why adding a hard drive to the copier takes care of the problem. The copier then will have enough room to store and spool the copy job and the print job at once.

Good Luck!

aleksander
03-05-2010, 02:44 AM
The reason it worked one week and not the next may be the diffrence in the file size. The copier can do both but limitly. if you have too much data being sent to it and not enough memory then it will lock. Thats why adding a hard drive to the copier takes care of the problem. The copier then will have enough room to store and spool the copy job and the print job at once.

Good Luck!
Thank you

Custom Search