PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB C220

Custom Search

thuo
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
quite a new machine.powering on but hangs on the hour glass .tried to swap the control pannel , the memory, disconnected the hard disk but the problem is still recurring
any assistance please.
thanks.

copytechman
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Does the engine fire up (as if it's gonna come alive?), although its not quite the same, i've seen the c353 series do something like this and for me it happened both ways.. 1st way was a mfp board went, second was an nvram chip got corrupted/went.. so I guess it could be similar! I'd try to get the fire up with a known good nvram/ and/or mfp board (but only change out one @ a time).

Regards!
A.

thuo
02-18-2010, 02:29 PM
know what machine fired up to ready state made a test print then machine reverted back to hanging state after switching on and off

Stirton.M
02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Check all the connections, memory cards, nvram plugged, ribbon cables, VIF cable and so on.

tech51
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
These machines are so flaky. Had any jamming issues yet? You will sooner or later (J11-44). On to your problem I would update the firmware to the latest (81 bug fixes in the last EU release) Also pay attention to the firmware readme about removing the network cable, if fiited, before booting up after update. I had one hang like this because the customers network had crashed. Removing the network cable and rebooting fixed that one. Hope this helps...

RRodgers
02-19-2010, 03:15 AM
I'd recommend flashing it first before ya swap anymore stuff.

Custom Search