PDA

View Full Version : C253 user authentiation on Mac osx.6

Custom Search

lanierboy
02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I have a customer that has a C253 and mac 10.6 machines.

i cannot get the machine to print when user authentication is enabled (all the pc's work fine) the only way i can get the mac to work is to enable print without authentication.

I have used the latest 5.4.5 driver but still NG.

any thoughts??

thank you

Stirton.M
02-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Solution ID TAUS0900142EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
Is account tracking supported onMacintosh® O/S 10.5?
Solution
Account tracking is supported on Macintosh® O/S 10.5. Additionally, the account track selection can be found in the COPIES AND PAGES pull down and then select OUTPUT METHOD.The account track and authentication screen will be present.

and

Solution ID TAUS0802290EN* Solution Usage
Description
When sharing the printer driver on Macintosh® OS X (version 10.x), some printer features (User Authentication, etc.) do not work on client computers.
Solution

CAUSE: When you share the driver on Macintosh® OS X (printer server), the client computer loads only the PPD fileof this printer (specification for Macintosh® OS X printer sharing).At this time, some features (UserAuthentication, etc.)which is provided by the PPD Plug-in do not work since the client Macintosh® computer does not have PPD plug-in file.

SOLUTION: If you install the driver files (PPD, Plug-in)in all client Macintosh® computers
with the driver installer beforehand, this issue does not occur.

The latest printer drivers are available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from the KMBS public site (Konica Minolta Business Solutions. Business Products, Printers & More. (http://www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us) ) Support / Drivers tab or from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.

IMPORTANT : These printer drivers (printer drivers for Macintosh® OS X)do not support the printer sharing function for Macintosh® OS X. Therefore,if you have an issue with Macintosh® OS X printer sharing, Konica Minolta is not responsible to support it.

Unfortunately, there is no mention of 10.6 on the SSD support information regarding authentication. You may have to initiate a trouble ticket to KM for a solution to this if the above information doesn't help.

pepper38_cnd
02-21-2010, 12:15 AM
When you set up the printer on the Mac you have to point it at the driver in the Library, not the KonicaMinolta folder. If you do not choose it from the Library where all the other printers are located you will not have full functionality of the printer. Authentication and finishing options are the most common options that are missing if you did not choose the driver from the correct location.

Custom Search