PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c353 with PC-204

Custom Search

Dave10
02-19-2010, 02:23 PM
We have a Bizhub C353 with a 2-drawer paper deck PC-204. The thing has started jamming constantly from drawer 4 and occasionally from drawer 3. The paper either Z-folds as it passes drawer 3 or just stops just past drawer 3. There is a noise that sounds like a motor chattering and sometimes a high-pitched whining noise, like a motor slipping, but we have tried replacing the motors to no effect. Also, if I push in on the door on the right of the cabinet, it still makes the noise but it does not jam, as if there is not enough nip between the rollers and the idlers on the door, but I replaced the door and it didn't help. I can't find anything wrong with the feed units, and I swapped feed sensors between units to see if the problem followed one of the sensors, which it did not, yet it seems as if the rollers are not turning on to pick up the paper, especially with the Z-folding. Has anyone seen this before?

Stirton.M
02-20-2010, 08:24 AM
At first glance, I would say that there is something binding the feed/transport mechanism. Check for any malformed or misalignment in the drive sections.

If everything looks fine and the rollers move easily (remove the motor and turn by hand to see), then likely the drive board itself is failing. Replace.

Keep in mind that you may have to order a set of motors along with the board because of a part number change in the entire line on this series.

See attached pdf for details

Dave10
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Replaced the #3 feed unit ( the whole thing from another machine.) This fixed the problem.

Custom Search